TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any wrenching they've been needing to do ? I got some stuff I could do but its like changing the oil and shit LMAO..
just wondering if you do and want a hand lemme know.. Otherwise ima sleep in all weekend. Things I could do but am being lazy about.

(Throwout bearing started making noise monday) - Ick
Install ADD axle tube into MH diff and wire it up -few hrs
redo oil pan gasket - may as well do this with the ADD tube - few xtra hours
change oil - 20 mins
replace AALs with Alcan replacements
cut off sliders and make them come out farther from frame..
(might do that after work one day. )

·
Registered
655 Posts
just some normal routine maintenance lol...

but yeah, my throwout bearing is also making noises...ugh

question mitch- shrockworks make a front bumper for 96 taco? i'm going to replace fender and grill but want to go with an aftermarket bumper. let me know thanks :)

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CUCUY said:
just some normal routine maintenance lol...

but yeah, my throwout bearing is also making noises...ugh

question mitch- shrockworks make a front bumper for 96 taco? i'm going to replace fender and grill but want to go with an aftermarket bumper. let me know thanks :)

we've been discussing it nonstop LMAO.. shrockworks will be producing a 95.5-04 model tacoma bumper(s) like the 05 version ! at this time however it hasn't even been prototyped yet.

there may be slight differences between 95.5 - 04 tacomas grill line ect.. so maybe 1 or 2 prototypes to see if each fits designated years then your looking at production to kickup .. So I cannot give you a definate answer as to when ! but I know the plan is in Jims head :) Your welcome to call him and maybe he can give you a more exact estimate. ~!

or email [email protected]
hell just drop by the shop ! its at 1960 and hwy 249 behind the willowbrook mall

·
Registered
42 Posts
I might be able to help for a couple of hours on Sat...... call me sat morn sometime

Doug

832-868-1925 mbl

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
I have a long list of shiat to do on the 4runr, can do some next weekend when I get back from offshore.
first on the list is cutting off the smitty built bumpers and sliders and also the double front shock hoops, and then welding on the new shock towers and ofcourse reinforsing them.
then maybe spraying in bedliner (from orileys) in the cab area front to back. then figureing out what is wrong with the rear window, then. then, then.......oh ya, I also need to pull the stock radio and box it up.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Jeff, the rear window circuit may be an easy fix. What I have found in a couple of runners is the wiper circuit has to be closed before the window will operate. Thus the wiper has to be fully retracted also. If you want I can look at it, and if it is a bad relay box or something I have two parts runners we can take it off of.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
One of my friends back in high school used to run a power wire from the window motor to his amp positive terminal in the back of his Bronco to get the window to go up and down. That assymbly was over 250 bucks!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I have seen that done.The sad part is the assembly is mostly micro switches in certain spots to trigger go/no go functions, a whopping 1-2 dollar switch.

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
ditto.
hey Mr Raymond, do you still have the 1.5" daystar kit as mentioned in your sig. I scored a set of air ride helper bags for the tundra from ebay and will hopeful;ly be installing them when I get home, or as soon as they arrive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Man ben and I worked on my 4runner this weekend. We got the front springs and shocks put in, but couldn't get the rear shocks off, so my rig looks like a low rider right now! There the original shocks so the nuts were probably rusted to shit on the shocks! Any one got any ideas or could give a hand on removing these stubborn sons a bitches!?

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
try a healthy coat of wd40 on the bolts, then let it sit for a while. then repeat.

then hit it with an impact wrench

·
Registered
41 Posts
Captain J said:
try a healthy coat of wd40 on the bolts, then let it sit for a while. then repeat.

then hit it with an impact wrench
I've been soaking it in pb blaster. I'll try again with a braker bar, if it doesn't work, then I'll take a sawzall to it and cut it off!

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
I went through the same thing, ended up messing up the thresds so bad that I had to tap the hole and put in larger bolts

1 - 20 of 30 Posts