TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these the wrong coilovers for a 4WD Total Chaos LT setup for a 2007 Tacoma?

Running into this issue. :confused:

·
Registered
379 Posts
If anything, you could get a longer lower mounting plate, but I dont think they are wrong coilovers. Maybe it will just wear itself down enough.

The limit strap mounts are actually bypass mounts, but they work for limit straps too...unless Im not noticing anything werid

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I know on Ryguys LT 4x4, Tim at DMZ had to cut the coilover top mount to get it to clear the CV from rubbing like yours. Do you have it in the stock coilover mount?

·
Registered
912 Posts
hmm, yeah looks like the right coilovers, both sides doing the same thing?

If not maybe it's an alignment issue, could be camber or caster, but caster could change how close the coilovers are to the axle cause it stays stationary at the diff while the lower pivot point is moved back or forward to get correct caster which could very slightly move the coilover a little closer.

Maybe that plus the sharp end of the coil (which sticks out a little more) looks like its pointing right at the scored marks on the axle. Could rotate coil and then spray a little paint on scored area on the axle then drive around and see if there is still contact.

Maybe you could flip the little half circle aluminum retaining clips (that sit in-between the lower coil seat and lower shock rod end) to lift the lower coil seat a little but the way you currently have them in is correct and it wouldn't distribute the downward force of the coil correctly on the rod end slots (is this a bad idea anyone? Any fox shock experts?)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to try and get some better pictures to show it tomorrow. I just started looking after seeing the pictures posted by another guy on here. I thought that TC specified that *only* Fox COs should be used but these Kings seem to work much better for the 4wds.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Or, Im trying to figure out if this is possible, but try and switch your lower misalighnment spacers, It might push it that much more out of the way.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
the reason ur coilover are rubbing on your drivshaft is because you have your coilovers mounted incorrectly. u have your it mounted in the stock location which is only for 2wd and on the 4wd models you have to have it mounted on top out your shock mount. and u have to cut a slot on the factory shock mount so it clears the hose for the resevoir. look at the picture of the tc kit on the 4th post that the way it should be mounted on 4wd models

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When we put in the coilovers we DID cut a channel in the stock coilover mount for the reservoir hoses to clear. I'm not sure what you're saying is mounted incorrectly about them, but I sure hope you're onto something. :cool:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
the reason ur coilover are rubbing on your drivshaft is because you have your coilovers mounted incorrectly. u have your it mounted in the stock location which is only for 2wd and on the 4wd models you have to have it mounted on top out your shock mount. and u have to cut a slot on the factory shock mount so it clears the hose for the resevoir. look at the picture of the tc kit on the 4th post that the way it should be mounted on 4wd models
X2 Johnny thats what I was trying to say. PM Ryguy he has a pic of what his looks like.

·
Registered
912 Posts
He mounted em right, you can see in his 1st pic in this thread, he notched out the coil bucket and put the spring hat in right with shock mounting bolt tabs poking up thru the coilbucket hole. They do not bolt to the top of the coil bucket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts