TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wrong tire and rim - need help!!! - FIXED!

Put 285/75/16 on my 03 taco and I'm rubbing the frame. The rims are 16 x 8 with 3.75" BS - I would have thought that would have cleared - I was wrong!
Anyhow I need to figure out what to run, Discount is willing to do whatever I want to fix it but I need to decide tonight.
If I need a rim with more BS - suggestion?
I thought I would swap them out with 255/85/16 but I would have to go to BFG MT's - not sure how thrilled I am about that.

How about the steering- is there an adjustable stop?

Thanks!!
TBob

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
TBob said:
Put 285/75/16 on my 03 taco and I'm rubbing the frame. The rims are 16 x 8 with 3.75" BS - I would have thought that would have cleared - I was wrong!
Anyhow I need to figure out what to run, Discount is willing to do whatever I want to fix it but I need to decide tonight.
If I need a rim with more BS - suggestion?
I thought I would swap them out with 255/85/16 but I would have to go to BFG MT's - not sure how thrilled I am about that.

How about the steering- is there an adjustable stop?

Thanks!!
TBob
Actaully, I believe it's less backspacing.. I am probably wrong though.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
yeah theres an adjustable stop i cant describe where very well though. dont adjust it too much you wont be able to turn. id go w/ more BS.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
TBob said:
As was suggested in your other thread, you could try wheel spacers.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks to all!!

Well turns out it wasn't rubbing on frame it was the back of the front fender just had to trim alot more pastic and hammer a little more - problem solved

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
atwinda said:
Actaully, I believe it's less backspacing.. I am probably wrong though.
why even bother posting then?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts