TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Taking a two year old shooting is a bit early but not wrong.

All kids should be taught about guns at an early age so that when they find one they know not to pull the trigger.

The best way to do this is to take them shooting and let them see and get familiar with how they work.

This sounds bad, but you really should kill a rabbit or squirel to show what a gun does, so they can appreciate the deadly power.

My father's job required that he have loaded guns in the house and car. With two little kids he was scared that we might play with them so he scattered a rabbit with a 12 gauge for us too see. I don't remember, but apparently it had quite an affect as we wanted nothing to do with guns for a long time.

would you want your kid to find a gun and have no idea what it was? It could happen pretty easy at the baby sitters house or a friends house.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
nothing wrong with that at all. they both had ear protectors and the gun was a .22 semi auto so it wasnt like gonna bust the kid in the face when it recoiled

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
007 said:
Taking a two year old shooting is a bit early but not wrong.

All kids should be taught about guns at an early age so that when they find one they know not to pull the trigger.

The best way to do this is to take them shooting and let them see and get familiar with how they work.

This sounds bad, but you really should kill a rabbit or squirel to show what a gun does, so they can appreciate the deadly power.

My father's job required that he have loaded guns in the house and car. With two little kids he was scared that we might play with them so he scattered a rabbit with a 12 gauge for us too see. I don't remember, but apparently it had quite an affect as we wanted nothing to do with guns for a long time.

would you want your kid to find a gun and have no idea what it was? It could happen pretty easy at the baby sitters house or a friends house.
x2 that is some good advise. i was raised up around deer hunting and when the season came around there was always a firearm eiter in my dad's truck or in the house. but for the rest of the year they were under lock and key in the gun case.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
It's only wrong if you see guns as evil.

If you view guns as what they are, inanimate objects, then how could it be any different than teaching little johnny how to use any other object?

I would have said that two is too young, mostly because I would expect a two year old to be frightened by the noise.

That kid, however, is not. He's having fun with his dad and there is something VERY right about that.

I personaly believe that most of the problems we have here in America today can be traced back to fatherless children.

If that statement is true, then what you see in that video is going to go a long way in PREVENTING that kid from picking up a gun and doing wrong with it.

I say America needs more fathers willing to spend some time with their sons, and a .22 is a damn fine thing for them to be doing.

Personaly, I think six or seven is a more apropriate age- but that's just me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
What a pussy. If he was a real father he would have handed that kid a Desert Eagle.

·
Registered
982 Posts
exacto said:
is this wrong? i think it is, its just raising a bad kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XpXC_iJC4I
You just see it as wrong because of where you are from; Socal has been ruined by all the liberal homo Holliwood types. The rest of the USA believes that all honest citizens should be packing; not just the felons.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I think it's stupid.

I'm in the Military. I'm from the South (I grew up on a tobacco farm in rural North Carolina). I love guns. I own LOTS of guns. I grew up shooting MY dad's guns. I will teach my kids how to shoot MY guns. I have a functioning brain in my head.

Those parents are Morons!

That kid is so young that he doesn't even have any concept of what he's doing. He's too young to even understand right and wrong. He can barely talk, let alone comprehend the responsibility and danger of firearms. Right Now that little kid thinks that guns are just loud, fun toys that daddy wants him to play with. MAYBE the dad is a responsible gun owner, and keeps his firearms unloaded and behind lock and key. But what if dad has some friends or relatives that aren't so responsible and junior finds one of those neat toys at someone elses house.

That's a good way to get your kid or someone else killed.

007 said:
THAT'S good parenting. If you have guns, and small children, their 1st introduction to guns should scare the shit out of them - Not show them how fun guns are.

·
Registered
66 Posts
John Luttrell said:
You just see it as wrong because of where you are from; Socal has been ruined by all the liberal homo Hollywood types. The rest of the USA believes that all honest citizens should be packing; not just the felons.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Word.........

Nothing wrong with that at all.

·
Registered
414 Posts
He is preventing the kid from killing himself from his own curiosity. The child will know what the gun will do and now wont shoot himself or some else.
He is teaching the child good gun safety..

The video should be on the NRA..

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
I'm a gun owner and I think the age of 2 is too early, even with that low recoil auto .22 -- IMHO
I would want my kid to start understanding what a gun can do, before handing him a gun.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Hell no? That kid will learn how to properly and safely manage a fire arm while respecting it and learning how to use it effectively. Not like some street punk or whiney assed so called liberal snot nose. If anyone is, you are probalby more likely to raise what you call a bad kid.
I was brought up in the South and so was introduced to guns at an early age too. It was just part of the culture. You were taught to respect guns and recoginie them as a tool to master just like a set of wrenches, a hammer, a plow or any other tool.
Guess where most of the best sniper shots the military has ever had were born. Here's a clue, it wasn't Watts or Oakland nor was it Boston or Marin county.
Give him about 15 years or so and I'd probably rather have that kid setting beside me on an airline flight, loaded gun and all, than you.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Introducing guns at a young age is completely fine. BUT that kid in the video is way too young to understand comprehend anything about firearms or safety.

·
Registered
933 Posts
There is nothing wrong with that. The father is teaching the child proper gun safety at an early age. This child will grow up to respect guns as well as the danger of them. Unlike the children in my neighborhood that go around pointing their fake guns at the cars and people going by. Problem is that when they find daddy's real gun they dont know the difference and could kill someone cause they were never taught proper safety and respect of firearms. Just the other day a local kid was arrested for unloading his paintball gun at a cop. He was young so nothing will happen to him, but it would have never happened if that child was taught properly about his toy.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
SAR_Squid79 said:
Right Now that little kid thinks that guns are just loud, fun toys that daddy wants him to play with. MAYBE the dad is a responsible gun owner, and keeps his firearms unloaded and behind lock and key. But what if dad has some friends or relatives that aren't so responsible and junior finds one of those neat toys at someone elses house.
Quoting ones self is fun!

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
shovelracer said:
There is nothing wrong with that. The father is teaching the child proper gun safety at an early age. This child will grow up to respect guns as well as the danger of them. Unlike the children in my neighborhood that go around pointing their fake guns at the cars and people going by.
That is true - for a kid that is 5 or 6 years old. The kid in the video can't be more than 2! A 2 year old does not understand safety, or respect, or danger. Most 2 year olds biggest concern is pooping in their pants! Bowel control - not gun control.

...However, by now, this is probably a concern for Dick too! :D

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
I talk to myself all the time. Sometimes it's the only way to have an intelligent conversation. You only need to worry when you start to argue with yourself. LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts