TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTB:05-07 Stock Rear Driveshaft for 06 Tacoma DC 4x4

I am in need of a two piece rear driveshaft. Lets just say Rocks 1-0 Me. But it was bad ass. I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma Doublecab 4x4 with offroad package. I will price a new one from Toyota on Monday so I can make a fair offer for anybody who replies. Im located in Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Matt

·
Registered
636 Posts
PM " mojavegold ". I recall he has a solid driveshaft, so he may have the original.

I am in need of a two piece rear driveshaft. Lets just say Rocks 1-0 Me. But it was bad ass. I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma Doublecab 4x4 with offroad package. I will price a new one from Toyota on Monday so I can make a fair offer for anybody who replies. Im located in Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Matt

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
What happened to your driveshaft?

More than likely you can get yours repaired for waaay less than a new one, tearing them up, denting/ twisting the stock ones is pretty common, they are very thin walled. If you remove it you can take it to Adams Driveline in Henderson or Dans Driveline in LV and get it re-tubed with a heavier .60 wall tubing that is also smaller diameter (better), and of course rebalanced. Depending on whats actually wrong with yours it should only cost ~ $ 1 - 200.

Sorry you tore your truck up a bit... but it was bad ass!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What happened to your driveshaft?

More than likely you can get yours repaired for waaay less than a new one, tearing them up, denting/ twisting the stock ones is pretty common, they are very thin walled. If you remove it you can take it to Adams Driveline in Henderson or Dans Driveline in LV and get it re-tubed with a heavier .60 wall tubing that is also smaller diameter (better), and of course rebalanced. Depending on whats actually wrong with yours it should only cost ~ $ 1 - 200.

Sorry you tore your truck up a bit... but it was bad ass!
I dented it pretty good and felt the vibratian all the way home. Its pretty significant or I wouldnt give a F%ck.

Thanks for the info. I will call them on Monday. As for the damage I have no regrets. You have to pay to play and that was entirely worth it and then some. Cool people and some cool wheeling. Thats what its all about.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I gave you some bad info, the stock d/s should be .60 wall. You want it to be re-done with something thicker walled like .95 wall. Just take the damaged part off (if its a 2 piece d/s just take off the rear piece assuming thats the damaged piece) and take it down to the shop and they will know what to do. It should'nt cost too much and will be SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER than going to the dealer for a new one and you'll have a better driveshaft.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anybody has one I am still interested for a spare.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
HOLY CRAP MAN! I'm sorry you hit your DS! I deff second going down and getting your rebuilt with heavier wall stuff. I need to get mine done just been waiting to dent mine on something, so far I've been lucky! I don't know about Dan's driveline in LV, I've heard good things about them though, I have delt with Adams in Henderson and they have always been VERY VERY good to me on all of my stuff. Good luck man, and if you need anything help wise, be sure to hit me up!

Again, it was great to wheel with you, hope to see ya soon again!

Mike

BTW: Link to some of my pics for ya:
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/nevada4wheelin/Logandale 04-21-07/

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks Matt
I have a complete rear drive shaft from a 95 taco Xtra cab. $250 including FedEx ground shipping. This is from tranny output flange to diff input flange, including the center bearing. If you only want the rear half, from the flange aft of the center bearing to the diff, $150 including shipping. I get a good shipping rate.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Do you still need?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump Im looking again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts