TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need (4) 285/75R16's in a M/T. Preferably TrXus or Bighorn but will consider anything in a mud terrain.

-Corbin

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
touche` I had the same on factory wheels and had no problems. A little pinch weld mod and the suspension lift and no problems. The only time I did rub was at full turn on the frame and the rear when you stuff the tires into the fender. A 2" body lift stopped all of it. That was with no bumpstops too!

·
Registered
532 Posts
im tempted to try some 285/75 trxus. according to the interco website they measure out to 32.7" x 11.2". i think they will work with a little tweaking like vince said. what axle gears were you running vince? if they were stock 4.10 how was mileage and power?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ur gonna find that they are going to rub like crazy just a heads up.
I am kinda anticipating that... I do plan to beat the living crap out of the pinch weld. The frame rub is fine, as long as it is not ridiculous. If it rubs in the rear at full flex, I will probably flush mount the screws on the fender flare. If all else fails, I will do like Vince said, go with a body lift and just bolt some plates down so they don't pop up through the body if I ever jump the truck or smash down on it hard.

I am leaning towards the Bighorn's over the TrXus. Manny seems to have had good luck with them, plus I get the feeling they will last a little longer on the street then the TrXus. The Bighorn's in 285/75R16 run 33x11.6 as compared to the TrXus @ 32.7x11.2, so depending on how you look at it, this could be a disadvantage or a advantage.

Oh yeah, I can also get the Bighorn's out the door from Texan Tire & Wheel for $600 mounted and balanced.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
My 33X12.50 TrXus M/T's rub if I'm at the bumpstops or if I reverse. This is with my coilovers cranked up to about 2.5" and my 3" Bl.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 33X12.50 TrXus M/T's rub if I'm at the bumpstops or if I reverse. This is with my coilovers cranked up to about 2.5" and my 3" Bl.
Wow!! They still rub even with 5.5" of lift total!!! Did you do the pinch weld mod? How much back spacing do you have on your wheels?

·
Registered
532 Posts
for comparison to the 285/75/16, the trxus m/t 33"x12.5"x15" tire
actually measures out to 33" x 12.7" according to the interco website. its a much wider tire and a bit taller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts