TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Ted
I figure you want a true "85 style grille, but, just letting you know, I have one from 87, that's grey. The square pattern is different, but its still a first gen grille.
Also have a third gen grille too.. :)

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
hey if yall work out a deal, let me know before hand, i might have Ted grab those sliders from you for a trip up to harlan!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I also have one from an '84. Its the same as an 85, but black.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah Mike I'm partial to the '85 grille, thanks tho.

Chris u still in TN? Interested how much?
Rock auto is 40 +/- a buck or so shipped

Nic glad to bring it, Mike and I just have to cross paths:)

Edit: Timmay is closer, tag yur it.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I pulled the trigger on a Rock Auto grille $32.89 shipped, just figured it'd be less hassle and Chris can keep his spare for replacement down the road :eek:

Thanks ya'll.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
how much was it to ship? i've been looking at parts on there but most of them say they are in an outlying warehouse and the shipping costs more than the part!!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to go back and look but I want to say $16 ??
So yeah about the same cost as the part. Good thing the part
Was so cheap! Hope it fits! Yikes

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
Ted, build a winch bumper while you are doing it all at one time. You can think about how far you may want to space the winch plate in or out depending on how it sits against the new grill and if you want to trim it any.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ted, build a winch bumper while you are doing it all at one time. You can think about how far you may want to space the winch plate in or out depending on how it sits against the new grill and if you want to trim it any.
Good thought.. had I aimed a little more left I could'a broke out the center of the grille for winch clearance!! LOL

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ted, I just wish you cared about body damage as much as I do. I would have fixed that grill the next week.

:lmao:

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ted, I just wish you cared about body damage as much as I do. I would have fixed that grill the next week.
:lmao:
Ha! Wise guy!! ;)

Finally getting around to working on it...

Pooched in a little

It's kinda got a kink in it...

I think what hurt me more than anything was bleeding off the freon, it didn't leak a bit, nor the radiator despite the it's bowed a little. Ditched the ps cooler tube case it was crimped.

Try to get it pulled out this weekend

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
Don't go tellin' him that! He'll get the big head! :p

Okay, okay, planting money tree tomorrow!! I want this ...to go on this
Too late! Seriously, get a winch plate from Bud and build from that. You don't have to do it all at once but get a good building block with the winch plate and figure out what direction you want to go with it. If not, high steer and flip kit for that front axle. That bumper from CBI looks nice but looks HEAVY!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Too late! Seriously, get a winch plate from Bud and build from that. You don't have to do it all at once but get a good building block with the winch plate and figure out what direction you want to go with it. If not, high steer and flip kit for that front axle. That bumper from CBI looks nice but looks HEAVY!
They say it weighs 66lbs... not bad considering it's 3/16 and 1/4. It appears to be very compact but who knows till ya see it?? There's a guy on pirate peddling a lower cost plate bumper, just doesn't look as nice IMO ... we'll see, I need a good welding project tho!! You gonna help? :D

Okay, so this classified is turning into some getto redneck repair tech.
Got the new grille from Rock Auto. It was packaged very well and received in perfect condition. A small unexpected bonus too; the little plastic clips were included and in the grille. No big whoop but thought it was cool.

So here's my tow strap, come-a-long, ratchet-strap, uni-strut "pull out" rig. Holy camoli, somebody's gonna get hurt! Na, didn't take much pullin'

Precision uni-strut placement :p

Water pump was leaking, might as well do that while the get'n is good. :eek:

Everything almost lined up. Still got a little tweakin' to do...got dark on me.

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
I'd be willing to give a hand whatever route you decide to do. My thought with plate vs. tube bumper is that tube will give the most amount of clearance and not need to be reworked with bigger tires and a relatively low to mid amount of lift. Also consider shipping on a bumper or doing it yourself. You gotta have access to a bender unless you want square 90* bends/turns. Stop reading this and get to work buddy! Spring is getting closer!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts