TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone for some random reason has a bunch of .223 laying around they would get rid of I'm trying to find 500-2000 rds cheap. It can't be wolf though or other steel cased since I reload the brass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
i have 80 remington 55gr and around 150 once fired brass in 223 i dont have my mini anymore, ill let u have em for cheap or maybe trade a couple boxes of another caliber
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
midd said:
i have 80 remington 55gr and around 150 once fired brass in 223 i dont have my mini anymore, ill let u have em for cheap or maybe trade a couple boxes of another caliber
I'll take it all if the price is right. Unfortunately I have no other ammo I could trade, I am out totally right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
did you check sportsmansguide.com?

CLICK ME
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
KStacoma said:
If anyone for some random reason has a bunch of .223 laying around they would get rid of I'm trying to find 500-2000 rds cheap. It can't be wolf though or other steel cased since I reload the brass.
Doesn't Cabela's sell some decent bulk ammo?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
none of them have anything that is anywhere near reasonably priced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,161 Posts
Yeah Jamie, unfortunately the military is eating up all of the .223 stock right now. Anything that you find you'll be paying a premium for. It used to be so damn cheap to shoot the .223 but with our country being at war, it's just not anymore. Watch out for gun shows and such. My uncle out in Blue Springs got 1000 rounds somewhat reasonably here not too long ago. I can't remember what he ended up paying for it but it was definitely a good deal for "during war" times anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
ill take 30 for it all u dont need any other caliber brass do u i have hornady and federal once fired in 308. about 250 rounds also 200 or so in .22 250 all win silver tip brass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stogieguy said:
What is a 'reasonable price' for 1,000 rounds of XM 193 Lake City 5.56?
Here are current prices for XM 193-
Ammoman- 339.00
Ammunition to go- 359.95
Cheaper Than Dirt- 398.50
Outdoor Marksman 299.50
Sportsmans Guide- 299.97
Wideners 295.00
But half of them are out of stock and I still would never pay 35-40c a shot.
I picked up 1780 rds yesterday of Adcom for 15c a shot and that's the cheapest i've found ANYWHERE, I think they messed up too cause i payed 3$ a box of 20 and the tags on them said 5.49. This is total shit ammo too so prices definately have gone crazy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jester_motorsports said:
Yeah Jamie, unfortunately the military is eating up all of the .223 stock right now. Anything that you find you'll be paying a premium for. It used to be so damn cheap to shoot the .223 but with our country being at war, it's just not anymore. Watch out for gun shows and such. My uncle out in Blue Springs got 1000 rounds somewhat reasonably here not too long ago. I can't remember what he ended up paying for it but it was definitely a good deal for "during war" times anyway.
So theoretically when the war "ends"......of if.......prices of steel etc. and therefore ammo will drop significantly?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I think China eating up lots of raw materials is contributing to the run up in metals prices; now combine that with the war & it's higher prices & minimal surplus ammo.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top