TTORA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got one laying around or one in a boneyard close to them? I just need the double cardan part for a new rear driveshaft post-swap. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Anyone got one laying around or one in a boneyard close to them? I just need the double cardan part for a new rear driveshaft post-swap. Thanks!
Good luck. I had a hell of a time trying to find one.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
My son & I found a tiny, local junk yard that had about five toyotas, but I don't remember if the driveshafts were still on any of them.Well actually the truck we scavenged, did have a drive shaft- I'll try to get over there tomorrow to see if its still there.

There is also a "pick&pull" that had a T-100. I wanted to go check it out also for some of my electrical needs. I'll see if the drive shaft is still on it also.

Probably wont be until the weekend for that.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My son & I found a tiny, local junk yard that had about five toyotas, but I don't remember if the driveshafts were still on any of them.Well actually the truck we scavenged, did have a drive shaft- I'll try to get over there tomorrow to see if its still there.

There is also a "pick&pull" that had a T-100. I wanted to go check it out also for some of my electrical needs. I'll see if the drive shaft is still on it also.

Probably wont be until the weekend for that.
Thanks. I appreciate it. I just need the front portion of the driveshaft that contains the CV if that helps.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
I think I understand what your doing so no worries. It won't cost anything extra & probably just as easy grabbing the full shaft

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Mark, let me know if you find something before this weekend as I said before, I'm planning to search for you this weekend. I'll also call you before I purchase to confirm price you want to spend etc.

I'll be able to ship to you reasonably using my discount or you can make a weekend road trip for it

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark, let me know if you find something before this weekend as I said before, I'm planning to search for you this weekend. I'll also call you before I purchase to confirm price you want to spend etc.

I'll be able to ship to you reasonably using my discount or you can make a weekend road trip for it
Will do. None at the pick-n-pull up here, and havent had any bites on the forums yet either. I appreiciate the help, you have my number :D

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Yea for obvious reasons drive shafts do not become available very often. I had one from my sas, but it sold the same day I decided to sell it and it was too short.

I do have your number so no worries except maybe weather...been raining for last 12 hours down here. But I think it is suppose to stop tonight

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I am now sitting on three rear sections of my two piece shaft that are re-tubed to thicker wall but unfortunately will be too long post crawler install. They were re-tubed and I always carried one for a spare ever since I toasted my first driveeshaft that time Ron came to the badlands with us.

I am gonna post them up in the FS section here and over on TW I think.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Paper or plastic? And no I'm not bagging your groceries!lol just trying to decide which will be best to wrap it with to ship

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Actually on way home from a closed FedEx substation ( I didn't get there before 9pm) so I'll have to sip it out tomorrow.

But I have he ends wrapped in cardboard and paper around it all should be fine to ship that way.

You should see how a lot of vehicle parts are actually shipped and especially from the manufactures like gm & ford...they don't even ship brake lines in any type of container! It's ridiculous if I was the car owner and saw how my repair parts got to the dealership I would be pissed! Lol

I'll "give you the shaft" tomorrow :) you'll have it by wednesday

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Sent text message with tracking info shod arrive tomorrow

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.