TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some driveshaft pieces if anyone has an extra shaft laying around. I need a flanged yoke and tube yoke, like comes on the transfer case end of the front shaft of a two piece driveshaft. Someone that went from 2-piece to 1-piece shaft would be perfect.

Let me know what you have or if you've seen a truck at a pick-n-pull in the Denver area with the driveshaft still in it, please share!

Thank you

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Looking for some driveshaft pieces if anyone has an extra shaft laying around. I need a flanged yoke and tube yoke, like comes on the transfer case end of the front shaft of a two piece driveshaft. Someone that went from 2-piece to 1-piece shaft would be perfect.

Let me know what you have or if you've seen a truck at a pick-n-pull in the Denver area with the driveshaft still in it, please share!

Thank you
? front section of the 2pc has the center support bearing at the rear end.
I have a rear section of the 2pc with trashed CV that the rear spline tube parts could be cut from.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
? front section of the 2pc has the center support bearing at the rear end.
I have a rear section of the 2pc with trashed CV that the rear spline tube parts could be cut from.
Thanks for the offer hytenor, but I'm all set now, found just what I needed at a u-pull this morning!

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Thanks for the offer hytenor, but I'm all set now, found just what I needed at a u-pull this morning!
find any DLs with good CVs? :p

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Got a really nice rear CV out of a 2002 Tacoma. Not the high angle CV from the solid axle trucks, but it's in great shape. You looking for one?
yea, pics?
the rear Tacoma CV are a 30* joint...a lot better then the Taco front shafts or earlier IFS joints.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, pics?
the rear Tacoma CV are a 30* joint...a lot better then the Taco front shafts or earlier IFS joints.
Hmm, news to me. I was under the impression that the only difference was the u-joint style and H-yoke design with the IFS joints using C-clips on the caps vs. the the Tacoma snap rings on the outside of the caps. Didn't know they are a higher angle CV.

I'll snap some pics tonight for ya.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Hmm, news to me. I was under the impression that the only difference was the u-joint style and H-yoke design with the IFS joints using C-clips on the caps vs. the the Tacoma snap rings on the outside of the caps. Didn't know they are a higher angle CV.

I'll snap some pics tonight for ya.
I have rear section DLs both front and rear...same length (1" longer than stock) so are interchangeable.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since I was unaware of the angle differences, thought I would snap a pic for anyone that might come across this thread. Top one is an IFS rear shaft from a 1995 3rd gen, bottom shaft is off a 2002 Tacoma. IFS shaft bottoms out at about 20* and the Tacoma shaft bottoms out at about 35*.

I woudln't have even attempted to measure the Tacoma CV angle without your input Hytenor, so thank you for that but also makes me want to keep it in case my 2-piece, 3 joint, non-cv shaft doesn't work out. I have to hit up another u-pull soon so I'll look for a Tacoma shaft and send it your way for cost if you still need one?

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Since I was unaware of the angle differences, thought I would snap a pic for anyone that might come across this thread. Top one is an IFS rear shaft from a 1995 3rd gen, bottom shaft is off a 2002 Tacoma. IFS shaft bottoms out at about 20* and the Tacoma shaft bottoms out at about 35*.

I woudln't have even attempted to measure the Tacoma CV angle without your input Hytenor, so thank you for that but also makes me want to keep it in case my 2-piece, 3 joint, non-cv shaft doesn't work out. I have to hit up another u-pull soon so I'll look for a Tacoma shaft and send it your way for cost if you still need one?

[/URL][/IMG]
thanks for the pics. yea, "working" angle on the early shafts is 18*, 30* on the Taco shafts.

If you find a good one let me know. I found one locally (wrecking yard) but they wanted too much for it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you find a good one let me know. I found one locally (wrecking yard) but they wanted too much for it.
What about a 3rd gen 4Runner ('98)? Saw one at the u-pull this weekend, couldn't estimate the angle without something to compare to.

Do you have a cheat sheet or thread that I can go off of to know what rigs to look at for the shaft you need?

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
What about a 3rd gen 4Runner ('98)? Saw one at the u-pull this weekend, couldn't estimate the angle without something to compare to.

Do you have a cheat sheet or thread that I can go off of to know what rigs to look at for the shaft you need?
those should be the same as the early 8" trucks and runners...18*
but, not sure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts