TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just wondering if anyone wants to sell a used set of edelbrock headers? I'm in san diego, ca.

thanks.

·
I think I remember where Moab is?
1,227 Posts
How much are you willing to give for a set... Cause I have tossed my factory manifolds and would need to buy another set.

P.S. Why in the world do you want the Edelbrock headers.... Honestly I am not sure that they are worth money.....I think I would actually feel bad taking any money for them.....

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
mnstr_trd said:
Hello. Just wondering if anyone wants to sell a used set of edelbrock headers? I'm in san diego, ca.

thanks.

I have some TRD ones I'll see you. I got them used, and then got them Jet coated. I never have time to do the install. If interested send me a PM.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ted said:
I have some TRD ones I'll see you. I got them used, and then got them Jet coated. I never have time to do the install. If interested send me a PM.
Yes I'm really interested! How much and where are you located?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mr.trd said:
How much are you willing to give for a set... Cause I have tossed my factory manifolds and would need to buy another set.

P.S. Why in the world do you want the Edelbrock headers.... Honestly I am not sure that they are worth money.....I think I would actually feel bad taking any money for them.....
I need more torque on the bottom end. headers are the way i want to regain some of that torque. I chose edelbrock because I couldn't really afford new one's or trd's. how much do you want to give them up for? Why didn't you like them?

·
1,227 Posts
mnstr_trd said:
I need more torque on the bottom end. headers are the way i want to regain some of that torque. I chose edelbrock because I couldn't really afford new one's or trd's. how much do you want to give them up for? Why didn't you like them?
They wouldn't be too bad on a automatic, but on a standard the run right next to the slave cylinder and the soft hydrolic line for the clutch. Do you have a EGR on your truck, cause I have had the EGR conection welded shut since I don't have EGR. Also I just don't like the way that they run under the tranny instead of over the tranny....

If you would like, make me an offer.. if you felt better about it just PM it to me

·
1,227 Posts
Ted said:
I'm in VA..what year is your truck., do you have dual cats?
Ted, if he doesn't take yours, I am interested in them, what are they for, dual cats or a single cat. Mine is a '98 with a single cat and no EGR....

Also PM me what you want to get out of them... and I have not forgotten about the video...just so you know...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well.......... what are you willing to take?

Why do you hate them? I have a set of the JBA headers, these things suck, I don't feel any increase in power, and they keep developing leaks. Lot of work for little return.

·
Registered
53 Posts
while we're talking headers, i have a set of Downey headers, ceramic coated (never installed) that i've changed my mind about installing. anyone interested, let me know. needs a crossover pipe fabbed but the muffler shops take care of this detail . . . .

creed

·
1,227 Posts
JonnyDelux said:
Well.......... what are you willing to take?

Why do you hate them? I have a set of the JBA headers, these things suck, I don't feel any increase in power, and they keep developing leaks. Lot of work for little return.
Well you would really hate the Edelbrocks then. You get a decrease in power. And since the crossover pipe runs under the tranny it runns right next to the slave cylinder if you have a manual tranny and it will melt through the flexable clutch hydrolic line that is right over there too. Also if you have a body lift you have to grind the body lift steering spacer down to clear the header or dent the header and they are pinched off enough at the collector from the factory. Ya know the more I think about it, I am not sure if I want to go through the hassle of getting them off..... But anyway I just laugh anytime I see a Edelbrock commercial and he stands there and says "if its not the best I wouldn't put my name on it" Well I am starting to think that his name don't mean chit!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I dont feel like taking my headers off either, I'm just tired of these things leaking, I would just like to start all over with a new set and chop the old ones up with a sawz all, maybe even drag them down the road with the new set on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Downey makes a crossover pipe, but it would be much cheaper for a shop to fab one . . . that's what most people do.

The cheapest I found the ceramic coated online was $400: http://www.truckperformance.com/products/?productID=328778

I'd like to get $300 back out of them since they're brand new, uninstalled.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts