TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin' for the grey keyless remote for my 2000 Taco. Anyone have an extra or know where to get one (other than dealership?) Thanks!

CW

Mine got smashed...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Chris, I think I still have one from my Taco. I will have to check on the spare key hanger in the garage, but I think that I have one there. I'm not sure how you go about changing the codes or whatever, but if I have it, it will cost you dearly....like a 6 pack of Heinies!

I'll try to remember to take a look this evening and give you a call.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool man...just gimmie a shout....

CW

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
You can reprogram them quite easy. The national board has a write up. Something like press and hold a button on a controller under the seat while holding the key pad when it blinks or something.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the write up for 2001+, but not for a 2000...the one that I found was crazy as hell all the crap you had to do....slam door 4 times, open door, turn key, shut door, drink beer, take crap.......and then the doors unlock...what?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
um, did you look in the glove box? they include instructions with the car...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think that i have them. I didn't buy it new, and i"m pretty sure the guy I bought it from got stoned and lost the directions...oh well, I'll figure it out...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Ebay has been a great source for me to get just the right remote, and instructions. It took me a couple months of searching to get the faub that would work with my 96 T100 because Toyota was just beginning to put keyless on vehicles... by 97 they were much better and more common. So, I'd recommend doing some ebay searching.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts