TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hell, Dan, I'd be happy with a rear wiper that actually had enough tension to make the blade touch the window. Here you are wanting some mystical beast of a thing. Why not just hire a personal valet to wipe the snow off while you're at it?:D

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah, those look like they're from a newer fancy 4Runner; I'm looking for one of these:

Apparently the trucks did have a rear defrost option; it says so in my 1986 Toyota FSM... I did not know that.

And no way am I paying $35 for a damn switch, Yota Yard... good God! :eek:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think the ones I have may be from a 2nd gen. I just found them in the toolbox and thought they might work.

Yota Yard wants $35! Yikes, whom did you talk to there? You might call up Yota Jim. He seems more reasonable.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$35 was the ebay price, before shipping... I'll make my way to the U-Pull and see if one can jump into my pockets for $2.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ebay has become wayyyyyy too expensive! U Pull is expensive as well, and I have no problem taking a little five finger discount from them now and then. Of course, you're lucky because you have yards close by. In Durango, there are no yards (at least that I've discovered).

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had an epiphany today: I still have the whole harness from the red 85 4Runner... perhaps a defrost switch is still attached to it.

...and it does not. Damnit. :mad:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah, I went to get a spare topper and the guy had one laying on the ground.

That's when it jumped into my pocket. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts