TTORA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a car for my mom, since she has crashed her old one.

Four door compact with auto tranny is required. Late model Corolla would be ideal. Doesn't need alot of fancy features. East Texas, Louisiana, or Southern Mississippi only. Budget is $7k, and low mileage is preferred.

Thanks, John

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Murderman said:
I am looking for a car for my mom, since she has crashed her old one.

Four door compact with auto tranny is required. Late model Corolla would be ideal. Doesn't need alot of fancy features. East Texas, Louisiana, or Southern Mississippi only. Budget is $7k, and low mileage is preferred.

Thanks, John

John,
Since economy and value for the money is important I recomend looking at *zipping up FRC's* used Mitsubishis. Although they don't retain there value well I have had good service records with the ones I have owned. I love Toyotas but from my point of view to much weight is put into the name and not enough into the value . Quality gaps are tight and most mitsubishis are manufactured overseas and I have noticed less squeeks and rattles in them. Compared to my Tacoma for example :rolleyes:

Here is a link to auto trader, try it off your moms zip, but you can get alot of car for less than 7k. http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/...e=MIT&address=78413&search_type=used&x=39&y=7

The lancers are nice and if you look around you can find a low mileage one. Corolla are nice as well, seriously, you can get some serious deals at the end of the month if you work a few dealers over.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bryan,

Scott L. has been helping me out in learning how to use AT, since he has been after a CTD for a while. From what I have seen thusfar, I will probably have to open the door for itsashitzi and pissan, since I haven't found any Yoyo's that interested us and were within our price range.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Phong, I am actually hoping to find something closer to N.O., so that I don't have to haul it over there. But if the right car comes along over on this side of the Sabine, then we'll do what we need to.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Murderman said:
Thanks Bryan,

Scott L. has been helping me out in learning how to use AT, since he has been after a CTD for a while. From what I have seen thusfar, I will probably have to open the door for itsashitzi and pissan, since I haven't found any Yoyo's that interested us and were within our price range.

Pam and I found ourselves a hell of a deal on a 2004 AWD outlander that happened to be local. 6k miles only owned by the dealership but classified as used do to its milage as a demo. Practicaly new to us with full warranty, we got it for 13900 when the new MSRP was 23xxx. Low Mileage used cars that have a low residual are sometimes a very good deal. :D

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A Subi wouldn't be bad for me, but would be super turbo underutilized by the actual driver. I do get your general point though.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Murderman said:
That Corolla looks good, how do I tell if it is 2 or 4 door?
4-door

I don't think they've produced a US 2-door Corolla in a LONG time- Probably early 90's.

I think they dropped the 2 door versions of both the Corolla & 4Runner around the same time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts