TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My swap is still a year or two off but I would like to start collecting parts now either new or used ..

Parts needed..
IFS box
front springs
pitman arm
D44 Lockrite or powertrax
Spare axle shafts for 80's model waggy
Oil pan swap stuff.

other misc shit I have forgotten

Most of the stuff like brackets ect will be fabricated possibly bought to decrease downtime.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
99FlowedTaco said:
My swap is still a year or two off but I would like to start collecting parts now either new or used ..

Parts needed..
IFS box
front springs
pitman arm
D44 Lockrite or powertrax
Spare axle shafts for 80's model waggy
Oil pan swap stuff.

other misc shit I have forgotten

Most of the stuff like brackets ect will be fabricated possibly bought to decrease downtime.
you really need to determine which parts you want/need to use to fit your budget. You can get an IFS box at the JY for 75 bucks, but it will prob need a rebuild. Are you going hydro assist? Well, you may want to have a box preported so you can upgrade later.

you deadset on a leaf swap? you prob want to go with new or gently used parts for this as it will be one of the most abused.

Pitman arm? again this will be relevant to what type box you go with and what kind of steering setup you go with. If you want to run one ton steering like mine, you will need a custom pitman arm which you will have to order. I got mine from OTT.You can modify a toyota arm for one ton joints, but you are really compromising the strength of the pitman arm and that is one thing you definately don't want to break.

I don't know what all you need for the oilpan swap since it is a 4cyl, but you only need to swap if you are running hi-steer. You can get a very complete and comprehensive kit from Parts Mike. Balistic Fab was a huge help to in getting parts and answering all my dumb questions.

No matter what, you will always fall outside of your budget. ask anyone who has done the swap. Don't forget about the 4-500 you will be spending on freshening up the axle(seals, bearings, brakes, etc) and the easy hundred bucks in grade 8 hardware. You should prob start hunting down steering joints from an older ifs truck for you new steering.

just call me, this is turning into too much writing

·
Registered
283 Posts
if you're still interested in getting a junker i'll be having my 81' cab and flatbed on a 90' 4runner frame (with IFS box) that i'll be needing to sell soon for $500. Will include pretty much everything thats attached. axle, suspension, full front (ifs 4x4), interior, seats, dash, etc.; and gas tank. also will have a title for it if i can't figure out how to keep 81' emissions and 90' body on mine. if i do keep it (not sure because of space) i'll probably be building a truggy out of it if no buyers come up.

lmk mitch,
steve

·
Registered
352 Posts
I told you my friend has a full front axle (brakes and everything) off a 85 Toyota truck. I still need to talk to him about the price though. I know he was saying he wanted $350 for it, but I'm sure he will negotiate.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Blinn79 said:
I told you my friend has a full front axle (brakes and everything) off a 85 Toyota truck. I still need to talk to him about the price though. I know he was saying he wanted $350 for it, but I'm sure he will negotiate.
a toy pickup axle is too narrow for a tacoma isnt it?

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lazy-Boy said:
if you're still interested in getting a junker i'll be having my 81' cab and flatbed on a 90' 4runner frame (with IFS box) that i'll be needing to sell soon for $500. Will include pretty much everything thats attached. axle, suspension, full front (ifs 4x4), interior, seats, dash, etc.; and gas tank. also will have a title for it if i can't figure out how to keep 81' emissions and 90' body on mine. if i do keep it (not sure because of space) i'll probably be building a truggy out of it if no buyers come up.

lmk mitch,
steve
come again what all would I be buying ?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Woops, 2 hours of sleep is making me delirious.

My cab: complete minus my boost and oil pressure guage
My flatbed: ...
On top of a 1990 4runner 4x4 frame with: seized and most likely unsalvageable 3.0 block, looks to be in okay condition auto trans and t-case, and everything a 1990 4runner has attached to the frame. Rolling.

let me know if that makes sense, i haven't slept yet.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lazy-Boy said:
Woops, 2 hours of sleep is making me delirious.

My cab: complete minus my boost and oil pressure guage
My flatbed: ...
On top of a 1990 4runner 4x4 frame with: seized and most likely unsalvageable 3.0 block, looks to be in okay condition auto trans and t-case, and everything a 1990 4runner has attached to the frame. Rolling.

let me know if that makes sense, i haven't slept yet.
ill assume IFS 4runner if so no thanks LMAO engine replacement and then doing a SAS on it would cost me more then just SAS'ing my tacoma.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blinn79 said:
i have an axle bud, the axle your friend has is too narrow and the diff is on the wrong side of the axle for me to use..

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Mitch,

I have a pair of Brand New Alcans with 4" of lift I was gonna use with my swap...im thinkin of buying a bigger truck and a buggy later down the road...So its up for sale...lmk if ur interested...PM my brother as he is more likely to check his PMs before me

Trey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts