TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I think i have one. Kyle told me it's a top shift but I'm not exactly sure how to tell. Can you give me any way to tell, for sure and I'll look at this this evening for ya?
Let me know.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Also are you looking to make this a crawler box? If so you can use a forward case for the crawler if you have a forward shift stock(which you do on a 91), you don't need two top shift cases.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No I have an R151 going in with the 23 spline forward shift case for the crawl box. And actually I think, but I'm not sure that if I had kept the R150 it would need two top shifts as well because the chain drive case is top shift. Never bothered to look at it though. So I need this for the rear case, 4.7 23 spline gears are going in it.

Marshall you can tell if it is top or forward shift pretty easily. If it's top shift there would be a shifter coming out of the top, forward shift has a plate where the shifter would be and two shift rails sticking out the front.

How much would you want for said tcase? I could have my old lady pick it up on friday.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
91toyota4x4 said:
No I have an R151 going in with the 23 spline forward shift case for the crawl box. And actually I think, but I'm not sure that if I had kept the R150 it would need two top shifts as well because the chain drive case is top shift. Never bothered to look at it though. So I need this for the rear case, 4.7 23 spline gears are going in it.

Marshall you can tell if it is top or forward shift pretty easily. If it's top shift there would be a shifter coming out of the top, forward shift has a plate where the shifter would be and two shift rails sticking out the front.

How much would you want for said tcase? I could have my old lady pick it up on friday.
I guess I missed the part of your sig stating that it was a V6. I was going off the year and 22re. Where did you find a R151?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
91toyota4x4 said:

I'll check it out, this evening and see if I can make sure it is what you are looking for. I know it's not a 23 spline case, though. If it will work, how does $80 sound? Feel free to give me a call to discuss further at 770-289-5824. I won't be home until later tomorrow evening, but if it will work and she can come out, then, let me know and I'll give you directions.
Thanks,
Marshall

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Well, I think it's a top shift case. It is out of the truck and still connected to the trans. There is a place where the shifter bolted up to it, on the top of the case, then there is another hole in what I think is the trans. Of course, if you get this and it's not what you're looking for, I have no problems giving you your money back. Give me a call if you are still interested.
Thanks,
Marshall

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, I am comming up to atlanta on Thursday so I can get the case from you when I am up there unless I find one around here before then. I will give you a call closer to the weekend and figure out when I can swing by, I will be in town thurs-sat doing nothing so whenever works for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts