TTORA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i understand the basic principle of antilock brakes, when the magnetic sensor senses the wheel stop it will send a signal to the computer to relieve hydraulic pressure blah blah.... so since i replaced both of my axle seals in the rear, my abs kicks in when i am cruising at speeds less than 5mph... very annoying. i thought maybe i should replace the brake drums and shoes just to make sure they werent actually locking up. didnt help at all... and i just realized that the abs kicks in when im not even braking!!!!! wtf is going on!! i checked the resistance on both sensors in the rear and both are between 1.1 and 1.3 ohms... does anyone else have the same problem?? any input would help:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
damnit...moved it fer ya ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damnit... thanks for moving it... dont suppose you have a problem with your abs:eek: ???

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do you recalibrate??? i had been running 33"s for about a year and i recently pulled my left rear axle shaft to replace the seal and the next day, the abs would kick on whenever i made a tight right hand turn, so i replaced the shoes and drums on both sides just to rule out the fact that the brakes could actually have been locking up, but after i replaced them my abs has been kicking on even when im not using the brakes!! crazy i know!!!! when i lock the rear diff and it disables the abs i can step on the brakes as hard as i want and they dont come close to locking up... its not a matter of losing traction? i did a search and problems like this one seem to be quite popular, except everyone else reports the ABS light staying on while the truck is running, mine just pops up for a few seconds after startin the truck then it stays off???

·
Registered
138 Posts
The ABS light is suppose to light up for a second on startup. I believe it indicates the system is operational.

Hmmm. Braking while not braking eh? Are the rear wheels Locking up or are they Shuddering? ABS should PREVENT lockup. Not enduce it. The ABS indexing wheel should be on the Axle shaft? Did you damage it perhaps? Or would you maybe have damaged/pulled on the sensor wire?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Why don't you just pull the ABS fuse and see if it still locks up?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Why don't you just pull the ABS fuse and see if it still locks up?
Good call..

I would guess you damaged or placed something out of sync when you did the work to the axle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What is the actual indication that leads you to belive the ABS is kicking on? Is there a chance that during the axle maintenance something has caused the diff to lock? A locked diff can cause some weird things.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no, the brakes are definately no where near locking up, both rear wheels are still spinning and you can tell its the abs cuz even when your foot is not on the brakes you can hear the abs motor and damn that thing is loud! im out of ideas!!!!! is there any way to just get rid of it without getting rid of all of the lines and hardware that comes with it? everytime i drive the truck it does this bs and it makes me sad:( shes never had a problem that pissed me off so much

·
Registered
138 Posts
Pull the ABS fuse??? :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
where is the deceleration sensor? do you think that could be the problem even tho its not throwing a light?:confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts