TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
What do you think?:rolleyes: It is the same reason many guys use double sheer on thier high steer arms and other high stress/critical connections. I think it is an accident waiting to happen. Its no so much the surface area contact as it is the leverage that has been multiplied by moving the load an additional 1"+/- above the contact surface. To summarize...stupid idea IMO!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you think?:rolleyes: It is the same reason many guys use double sheer on thier high steer arms and other high stress/critical connections. I think it is an accident waiting to happen. Its no so much the surface area contact as it is the leverage that has been multiplied by moving the load an additional 1"+/- above the contact surface. To summarize...stupid idea IMO!

Thats exactly what I thought. Just wanted to run it past a few others too. Thanks.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some guy in Hawaii made the spacer to "Allow for more travel, and to bring his Uniball alignment" back in check...Or some shit like that. I didnt think it looked like a good idea, but wanted to run it by you all.

·
Registered
301 Posts
the spacer is like a ball-joint spacer, probably in his case to keep the control arm from hitting the coil, I run 1/2" ones because their a nessety with my crappy ass dakota lift that came with with 1" of down travel , probably need to weld them to the control arms so it's not in sheer(top of bj fits into hole like a hub centric wheel), but eh.. I lazy it's all getting :saw: anyways

some guy in my dakota forum did this... and drives on it:eek:

yes those are washers

he has a nice BL too; lets play hockey!

and awesome tires (he drove it like this for 4months)

·
Registered
301 Posts
wait it gets better

He cut his frame (like I had to) but did not reinforce it at all! (I have some plate welded over mine)

he learned about suspension geometry:p

FAIL:eek:

Cowboy up

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
8 Participants
Dick Foster
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing