TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Volcom, every club has a bad rep. I hear more bad things about CO4x4 then any other club in Colorado. That is the beauty of the internet clubs, anyone can join and do/say whatever they want. They don't have to back up statements with fact or act in a respectable manner on the trail.

Your actions here speak more upon the club you now represent, they now have a bad rep due to a questionable member. They allow people in there club to speak ill of others in a gloating manner. Obviously your better then others and choose to prove it online, good for you.

Nate, shame on you for starting this whole thing. Volcom and you are not friends. Taking a jab, even in a fun manner was the trigger to start a war of wasted words.

Scotty, your a "respected" shop owner. Don't run your own name through the mud trying to jab at others. If you want your business to grow act like a professional and offer help and ignore the nonsense.

You all need to find a dark room with a picture of your nemesis and a wad of tissue paper, use your own tears for lube.

Oh yeah, ITBL

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
:clap: Well said. Thanks for reminding us what a wheeling club should be about.

Though I have been guilty of doing the same thing before too. I guess sometimes emotions just get the best of some of us. It's easy to be an ITG behind a computer screen. (I only say that from expereince) :(

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
wtf did i miss? links or it didn't happen! lol

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really the lesson should be, talk shit face to face. Then your body language and emotions show true. If your tryin to start a fight then the other party really knows. The real issue can be resolved without mucking up peoples quest for information.

I need a beer, Nate needs some better car luck, Scotty needs a customer with bottomless pockets, Volcom, not sure what he needs but some more wheeling couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Volcom, every club has a bad rep. I hear more bad things about CO4x4 then any other club in Colorado. That is the beauty of the internet clubs, anyone can join and do/say whatever they want. They don't have to back up statements with fact or act in a respectable manner on the trail.
True, probably why I don't run many trails with anybody from CO4x4.

Obviously your better then others and choose to prove it online, good for you.
Never said I was better. Just stating what's been said about CoTTORA on the trails and whatnot.

Volcom and you are not friends.
Met him once at HC 2 years ago, thought he was a cool dude.

Scotty, your a "respected" shop owner. Don't run your own name through the mud trying to jab at others. If you want your business to grow act like a professional and offer help and ignore the nonsense.
Kinda tough to be a "respected" shop owner here on TTORA when the president of the CO chapter publicly bashes your shit & products online.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Sadly because judgments have been made I doubt there will be any face to face shit talking since some of these folks don;t want to wheel with CoTTORA. That's OK I guess. Every club has its ups and downs and ins and outs. But I'm sticking by CoTTORA because on the trail I have seen nothing but excellent trail etiquette. But that's just my impression and maybe I have rose colored CoTTORA glasses on or something. ;)

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
You know, it was a little out of line, and out of hand.

However, I don't really have any hard feelings. Most of it was poking fun on my end, and explaining my situation (though it wasn't necessary).

Volcom, you've come off to me with the 'big truck attitude' in your posts. If thats not how you are, i wouldn't know any better because I've never spent time with you on the trail. You seem overly cocky, and seemingly think youre better than those with smaller trucks because of where your truck sits. If this isnt the case, then apologies.

We're all here to wheel, IFS, SA, Jeeps, 2wds, wtfever. Someone brought it up the other day, just because we're different groups with different interests in vehicles doesn't mean we should all war against each other. At this point in time we need to be joining more than anything, as each year more and more of our trails get shut down.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kinda tough to be a "respected" shop owner here on TTORA when the president of the CO chapter publicly bashes your shit & products online.
I can see that. He could be a influence to some of the wheeling newbs. Though, if Scotty were to only respond to the quality of his product and not insult the President he would attract many club members. His actions and product would overcome a biased or unfounded opinion. Scotty is a local, and reaches out to many people. To not allow trolling to effect him will only help his professionalism.

Edit: Support your local 4x4 shop

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
You know, it was a little out of line, and out of hand.

However, I don't really have any hard feelings. Most of it was poking fun on my end.
Same here

Volcom, you've come off to me with the 'big truck attitude' in your posts. If thats not how you are, i wouldn't know any better because I've never spent time with you on the trail. You seem overly cocky, and seemingly think youre better than those with smaller trucks because of where your truck sits. If this isnt the case, then apologies.
I wheeled a stock 85 truck for years. I was always the "little" truck on the trail runs. I also wheeled my 4Runner for a year on 33's and ran some very tough trails (BV Carnage, Prichett) on 33's. I was still considered the "little" truck on those trails. I've only been on 40's for two seasons. I really don't care about tire size. It made more sense to me if I was going to go through the work of fitting big tires, might as well fit the tire size I wanted from the start.

There's a different between cocky and having some experience. I've had experience with all types of rigs, tire sizes, IFS vs. SFA, beat rigs vs well built rigs, etc....

·
Registered
2,397 Posts

Your actions here speak more upon the club you now represent, they now have a bad rep due to a questionable member. They allow people in there club to speak ill of others in a gloating manner. Obviously your better then others and choose to prove it online, good for you.

Nate, shame on you for starting this whole thing. Volcom and you are not friends. Taking a jab, even in a fun manner was the trigger to start a war of wasted words.

You all need to find a dark room with a picture of your nemesis and a wad of tissue paper, use your own tears for lube.

Oh yeah, ITBL
I am curious how my name got drug into this..................:confused:

I posted a pic, and told Nate not to be another sheep in the flock.

So, how am I getting singled out as well?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your really such a small part. Just the small jab at Troy. I'm sorry that whole thread started rubbing me the wrong way.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I just read the sandyvag thread and i want the 15minutes of my life back.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Your really such a small part. Just the small jab at Troy. I'm sorry that whole thread started rubbing me the wrong way.
Okay I will admit it was a very small jab, but come on. It was damn funny IMO.

For Troy to say that someone else is "My way or the highway" is just incredibly hypocritical and down right comical. I have no clue who the Steve guy is he was referring to, but if he is anything like Troy said, then they must be twins in a different life. It was a joke.

I mean, Molly came right back at me with one of her own.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Same here

I wheeled a stock 85 truck for years. I was always the "little" truck on the trail runs. I also wheeled my 4Runner for a year on 33's and ran some very tough trails (BV Carnage, Prichett) on 33's. I was still considered the "little" truck on those trails. I've only been on 40's for two seasons. I really don't care about tire size. It made more sense to me if I was going to go through the work of fitting big tires, might as well fit the tire size I wanted from the start.

There's a different between cocky and having some experience. I've had experience with all types of rigs, tire sizes, IFS vs. SFA, beat rigs vs well built rigs, etc....
I wasn't simply referring to tire size lol, but fair enough. Understood.

Oh, and Nate and I get along just fine, so there was nothing implied to him at all.
x2, as previously stated. I don't really have a problem with scotty.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that more on the national board? I have not really noticed too much in here. Most of the time the silly comments like you describe I ignore becasue most everyones opinion is the best and everyone else who doesn't agree is wrong.

·
Registered
397 Posts
WOW!!! I am surprised someone took my advice to make a bitch and bicker forum post....LMAO...

But really the truth is that we ARE a club we ALL have opinions that vary....and arguing is bound to happen but still.....sometimes its just too much....

Just as a club with everyone getting along...obviously your in this club because wheeling means something to you if not get the fuck out.....because your in the wrong place....it must be a passion if your still here....so even if pride needs to be sucked up and not spit out do it...

thats just my 2cents worth on this because i know this has happened before with other threads.....

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Is that more on the national board? I have not really noticed too much in here. Most of the time the silly comments like you describe I ignore becasue most everyones opinion is the best and everyone else who doesn't agree is wrong.
OK. who are you talking too? Hard to tell without a quote.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts