TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the deal.
Ive got a 3" Cornfed lift sitting in my closet that Ive had since the taxman sale back in the beginning of the year. I picked it up just because I feel it was a steal for a highly recommended lift. Ive waited so long to put it on because my 04 taco was brand new, and I hate tossing perfectly good tires.

But now my tires are worn enough to where I can convince the old lady to let me upgrade. So its time to go for the 32's.

So, the point to my rambling is:
Would you slap on the cornfed, new tires and wheels and call it good...
or
Would you toss the cornfed on ebay, get what I can, and buy a set of donahoes in a few months, when the check book allows.(I still have enough rubber left to wait a bit)

Bear in mind that for the time being my truck is a pavement pounder, and money can be tight at times. I wont be doing much trail running until after I finish college. Think the Cornfed is good enough??

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
If you feel that you will have enough for the Hoes, do it. They will rid much better than the spacer.

Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
117 Posts
you waited this long, i think you could wait a few more months for the donahoes. it will be a better ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd say do it right the first time. No sense in bustin' your knuckles on the spacer lift if you already know you want something different. I've learned that the hard way a time or two... or three... and still learnin'

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
No kidding to that ^ Hey you are in Joplin Mo? I'm in Pittsburg ks, about 25 miles away. We have a PSU offroad club and go wheeling pretty often, that'd be cool if sometime you'd like to go. We go to KSrocks and Disney and trying to organize a Cassville run. Anyways, just wanted to say what's up!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, your probably right. The hoes are fairly expensive, but much better for the truck in the long run....

Why is it that the right thing to do is always the expensive thing to do??

·
Registered
59 Posts
TacoTaco said:
Why is it that the right thing to do is always the expensive thing to do??
It's even more expensive to do the wrong thing first, then turn around and do the right thing. :xsmokin1:
KStacoma said:
Hey you are in Joplin Mo? I'm in Pittsburg ks, about 25 miles away. We have a PSU offroad club and go wheeling pretty often, that'd be cool if sometime you'd like to go. We go to KSrocks and Disney and trying to organize a Cassville run. Anyways, just wanted to say what's up!??
Hey KStacoma.... you know, in the 3 years I've been on here, you're about the FIRST one I've seen on here from this immediate area! I've met up with some guys in Tulsa, but I don't get down there much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts