TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Thule racks on my old camper shell, my mom had thule racks on her trooper and my friend who always uses my garage had thule racks on his integra...as a result I have a lot of thule bars just sittin in my garage and really wanna put racks on my truck (99 xtra cab) to carry my snowboard but can't find the the feet. Does Thule not make them? If not, then does anyone know if they make just a universal foot (like that would drill on or something? I tried my best at searchin the interweb and couldn't figure much out except that Yakima would be easier to find feet for :confused: but that doesn't help me...or at least not my budget... any help?
Ryan

·
Registered
158 Posts
All you need is Q towers and the short roof adapter. Somthig like this on my truck. but you have to go with Yakima

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I already have thule bars and I'm a college student who is less than broke, so Yaks are out of the question right now...but I was hopin for something that looks exactly like that but uses squre bars that say Thule instead :D
Ryan

·
Registered
158 Posts
******* said:
well I already have thule bars and I'm a college student who is less than broke, so Yaks are out of the question right now...but I was hopin for something that looks exactly like that but uses squre bars that say Thule instead :D
Ryan

Yea i know it sux Thule dosent make any thing for our trucks. Yakama is your only option that i know of.

·
Registered
84 Posts
How about selling the extra parts on ebay and throwing your board in the bed of your truck? When I go with my friends that's what we do, plus you can use the $$ you make to buy a lift ticket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have used 2x4's mounted in the bed to haul my surfboards around. Im sure you could fab something like that up to hold the Thule bars, especially if you have gutter feet. Just get some steel and a BFH, put it in the vice and make some gutter mounts.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would be real careful about drilling in the cab.. LEAKS SUCK!! ANyways, I had a surco i was going to mount on my ex-cab roof and decided to wait and get a camper to mount it on. I just don't like the idea of drilling holes in the top of my roof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts