TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any problems with the rear side windows in the xtra cab breaking? I went to open the passenger side this AM, and the plastic crap was broken, and it wouldn't catch and hold the window open. I noticed the driver side was on its way to breaking too. Have no idea what happened, cause I don't open them very often.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Sun damage? Does the plastic have a white 'haze' on it? I noticed that I have a lot less wear on plastic stuff, being able to keep things in the garage... the Sammi's soft top looks near brand new after 4 years of being out of the sun.

·
Registered
339 Posts
They break all the time. When I bought my truck, they were both busted. They fixed it for free. Other people I have talked to say they have had them break too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Both of mine broke right after I got my truck. It was covered under warranty, and after I took it in to get fixed, I signed the warranty ticket and it cost the dealership around $100 to fix them. The guy at the dealership said that they break often. I just don't open them anymore.

·
Registered
273 Posts
New latches are about $20 each. (from our TTORA Sponsor)
You have to buy the whole assembly.

What I did when my latches broke I just replaced the dogbones so I would not have to remove a bunch of other stuff to remove the entior latch. You can just push the pins out.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Yep I have one of those broken in my truck too...good to know they're only $20, I'm assuming from trdparts4u.com?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't see any sun damage. They looked good and black still. Guess they are just cheapo plastic parts. Glad to hear they are only $20 parts, cause I really don't feel like paying the stealership $100 to fix it.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts