TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for roof racks for my 03 Tacoma Double Cab and came across the Yakima Load warrior. I don't have a cap on my bed so I can't go with the longer roof racks I've seen. Does anyone have any pics of theirs or any other roof rack recommendations? I searched around but only saw things on here for 05+ Tacomas. I know ARB makes a nice one but I don't think it'll fit....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yakima is a good start because you can get any number of configurations to mount the crossbars to your truck - some removable and some permanent.
I'm also almost positive that Toyota sold one from the factory - see link below, bottom of the page.
http://frontiernet.net/~kcrowe3/autotink.html

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
I am in the process of mounting a rack to my 03 double cab. Its a con-ferr rack that I picked up on CL for a great price. Con-Ferr and now Defenderracks make a mounting system that can mount a con-ferr or defender rack to factory roof rack rails. I pulled some roof racks from a 2nd and 3rd gen 4runner and I am going to mount them to my roof and use the defender system to mount the rack. That way, I can take the rack off and only have roof rack rails left on the hood.
I don't care for the yakima style because it will mount the rack too high for my taste.

·
Registered
821 Posts
FWIW Yakima has a rail system with quick disconnecting "landing pads" It's what I use and it has worked great, and it's flat when you don't want the rack on there. I also have the load warrior, but it's mounted on the cap of an xcab, so I don't think pics would tell you what you want to know. I have seen racks on D cabs though and I don't think they look too bad.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
THULE makes good stuff also. I mounted one of the THULE MOAB roof rack on my 94 ext cab using the crossover rail that came with it, buying the "fit kit" for my truck for the front, and taking long grade 8 bolts to my roll bar in the rear and used 2 chevy small block valve springs on each bolt to insulate it so when the cab and bed articulate diff ways it wont tweak the rack

·
Registered
270 Posts
I plan on doing:
Yakima Q127 and Q128's, 58" Crossbars, and a BajaRack.
TRDparts4U is a distributor of BajaRack.
I was going to do a Megawarrior (as I've run a Loadwarrior on my old '03),
but am very interested that Bajarack has a bolt-on lightbar that can house
(4) 9" lights I believe. Very nice looking setup.
Either way, you're going to drop some coin, so do it right.

·
Registered
821 Posts
The Baja rack looks nice. super spendy once you get all the accessories for it, but nice nonetheless.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone tried to mount the basket under the load bars? Like drop blocks on leaf springs. It will decrease the basket's usable volume and probably the weight capacity, but the clearance/asthetics are worth it to me.

My loadwarrior is in the mail right now. I'll probably end up making some aluminum spacers to get it all to work, but seeing any one else's approach would be great.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Has anyone tried to mount the basket under the load bars? Like drop blocks on leaf springs. It will decrease the basket's usable volume and probably the weight capacity, but the clearance/asthetics are worth it to me.

My loadwarrior is in the mail right now. I'll probably end up making some aluminum spacers to get it all to work, but seeing any one else's approach would be great.
I've done it on my Coleman Basket. It look ok but it sucked putting anything in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts