TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well day one of Jambo is over and day two is about to kick off.
as soon as I get home tomorrow I will post my pics (uploading pics while on wireless just isn't working today)

so here is my list of broken stuff:
rear locker was welded poorly and welds broke.
front locker is not a locker but limited slip and it just slips all the time.
possible broken left birf, will find out this morning.
good size dent on right front fender and door
both mirrors broken off
winch needs checked out ( out works fine, but in is sometimes.

also, engine is getting worse, I planned on rebuilding it after jambo anyways, but I can tell you that there are no skeeters alive in upshire county. I smoked em all out.

also my radiaor is not big enough and the runr overheated once.

I managed to get one pic to load while typing all this so here goes

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
GREAT Photo! :D
Hope you all are having a great time!
I just returned from Mexico last night and so damn tired. :(

Hope you are able to post some more photos tonight.
Take care guys!

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, here is the news from the end of today.
Marlin helped me tear down my 4runr and we and a another guy, Glenn from Arkansas, worked on the third and got it rewelded. then we found out that the pinion is trashed. hes lots of cracked teeth. so we got it back together and got it loaded up on my trailer.

oh ya. the weather sucked ass today, started with raining all last night, then all day plus cold wind.

If you need anything for your trucks, Marlin knows his stuff and is a super nice guy.
I am out for now, with dry cloths on and going back to win all the raffle junk.
there is several grand worth of stuff from TOD and other sponsers and Marlin brought alot of stuff too.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Looks like RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN and it's CCCOOOLLLDDD!!!

Damn, wish I was there, instead of this warm house of mine! ;)

Have fun guys! :D

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
wish i coulda been there.. spent 10 hours yesterday and only covered 400 mi.. the ice was horrible.. the tires on the 350 suck on ice :D
im sitting here in dumasS texas watchin it snow
MORE PICS!!!!!

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
keylay said:
:camping: Stay dry. Good camping weather.

um ya what he said.
I decided to stay at the Exec inn Camp.
best decision I ever made and glad I booked the room two months ago too

·
Registered
117 Posts
man, i hope my runner ends up lookin as nice as urs, you should have got my winch from me and you'd be in better shape!!

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
who are you talking to Jackson?
if it is me, then I allready have a winch on my runner

·
Registered
117 Posts
nevermind, thought you were someone else, good lookin 4runner though

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Captain J said:
If you need anything for your trucks, Marlin knows his stuff and is a super nice guy.
I am out for now, with dry cloths on and going back to win all the raffle junk.
Marlin is one of the nicest people I have ever met..He wrenched on The Beast most of Sat. not too many folks would do that..God Bless Marlin Crawler.
As far as raffle goes...missed the winch by 8 numbers! So close, but so far away.I did come away with some cool beer glasses, tee-shirts, and a free pass back to Barnwell Mt. I will have my lift installed by then....LETS DO IT..!! :driving: :woot:

C

·
0 Posts
I had a blast this year. Did not do anything too challenging with my truck as I was tail gunner for a beginners run. But we did have some interesting winching of a 4 runner in a precarious position. No pics though.

Saturday night we had a great time on the mountain. Sorry you guys dont have the camping gear for that kind of weather. I lived in Oregon for 8 years so know how to deal with the rain. Our camp on Desi Way was nice under the shelter, and the fire was nice and warm. Beer and whiskey helped. Some of my drinking time was taken up by the Ricks and their broken bead. :rolleyes: (Brandon and Trey, you can use my spare anytime. :D )

I have never seen that much rain on the mountain, the water crossings getting out of camp on sunday were interesting. We are going back in February to check on our trail (TTR does trail maintenance on Desi Way quarterly.) and shore up camp. The trail is rated 2 diamond, but with all the washouts it is getting closer to a 3.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
12 Participants
my2coma
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing