TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Bob is done with testing and things look pretty good with the new server. What we have decided to do is to launch the new site and forum at a low peak time and since that is normally the weekend, then that is when we will launch. The reason for this is so we can have a gradual transition of traffic come over to the new forum from Delphi instead of flooding it trying to launch at a high peak time. So, early Saturday morning (around 2am or so) we will officially launch! This time it's for real folks...so just hang in there a few more days!

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
Okay, Bob is done with testing and things look pretty good with the new server. What we have decided to do is to launch the new site and forum at a low peak time and since that is normally the weekend, then that is when we will launch. The reason for this is so we can have a gradual transition of traffic come over to the new forum from Delphi instead of flooding it trying to launch at a high peak time. So, early Saturday morning (around 2am or so) we will officially launch! This time it's for real folks...so just hang in there a few more days!
Sweet. So midnight Friday Pacific time? Traffic on the average Friday night is pretty slim, you could probably move that up a few hours if you wanted.

Later,
....Mike

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
Cool, I should be home around that time! LOL I have to work until about 10pm Friday night and I'm sure I'll be a few beers down by the time we switch. LOL

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
CronusTRD said:
I suggest you purge the member database first and delete all the excess posts!
I have to agree! Good thinking, Your so smart! :xflipoff3

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
I deleted the two huge threads. The users remain. Deleting them won't reset the member numbers so it doesn't really matter anyway.

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike said:
Sweet. So midnight Friday Pacific time? Traffic on the average Friday night is pretty slim, you could probably move that up a few hours if you wanted.

Later,
....Mike
Yeah, but I gotta date that night and if it goes as well as I'm planning it will 2am may not be late enough!

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CronusTRD said:
I suggest you purge the member database first and delete all the excess posts!
We'll delete all unneccessary threads before launching. As far as purging the member database (such as all of Bob's clones) it will really do no good as it will not reset the member numbers as Bob stated. What we will do is reset the minimum number of posts so those usernames do not show up in the members list.

By the way, what do y'all think we should set the minumum number of posts a user should have before their name shows up in the members list?

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
25 or so seems reasonable to me. Probably take the average person a month. Slow people 6 months. Most people won't care I'm sure.

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
It is my recommendation...

Mods, lets try to keep flaming wars to a minimum, especially in the first few days as we try out this server. No need to put extra strain on the system by having people bitching about crap and threads going nowhere.

Also, I would recommend no BUMP thread in this one either. Not yet.

Just my recommendation, do as you wish with it. :)

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have reset the minimum number of posts a user must have to show up in the Members List to 25 posts. So y'all don't freak out when you goto the Members List and only notice a couple of Members listed.

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
I have reset the minimum number of posts a user must have to show up in the Members List to 25 posts. So y'all don't freak out when you goto the Members List and only notice a couple of Members listed.
Not fair!!! You cheated! :bs: :xflipoff3

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
WOW! this is WAAAY better!
i love this type of forum... best kind if you ask me (vs delphi).

when do we stop using the other?? or is this still technically testing?

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
BigBadBob0 said:
Official switchover is this weekend. Delphi will become read-only, essentially forcing people over here.
kickass! kickass! kickass again to make this msg long enough!

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
nastynate said:
kickass! kickass! kickass again to make this msg long enough!
hey bud, can you do me a favor, no more posting about the new forum just yet plz. It launches saturday morning. There are still parts of the new website i dont want average users browsing and using.

Your understanding in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
Maverick said:
Your understanding in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
no problem...

in the future, you might want to tell seach engines not to index your site until closer to release.

if you type in tacoma territory in google, the "new" folder is the 2nd thing you see:
http://www.google.com/search?q=tacoma+territory

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
nastynate said:
no problem...

in the future, you might want to tell seach engines not to index your site until closer to release.

if you type in tacoma territory in google, the "new" folder is the 2nd thing you see:
http://www.google.com/search?q=tacoma+territory
It is close to release.

Im aware of the current ranking, im purposely trying to key it up there, I was testing the search engine optimization, worked quite nicely and quick, I was surprised to see it crawl up there so quick, so keywords and content is pretty much perfect. me happy.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
26 Participants
wslytoy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing