TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on installing a set of 3" spacers and diff drop on my 2001 X-Cab 4wd. This project also includes a set of 2" Fabtech AALs and Procomp shocks.

I am also planning to drive this truck on a 1200 mile trip with two sportbikes strapped in the bed in a month. Considering I added 265/75R16s since the last trip and the bed drags with 1000Lbs of motorcycle in the back, I fear the trip without the AALs. I don't wanna deal with rubbing on bumps with all that weight.

My question is: Can I throw the 3" spacers in, and the AALs, get it aligned and drive 1200 miles and expect everything to be reliable?

Anything I should do/check before the trip?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I would worry that 2 sport bikes weigh 1000 lb..... my last superbike was a fat 388lb. 5 lb over the limit. So, unless these are Harleys, or you have a lot of spares, worry about the bikes first!!! But seriously. Just drive it for a few days before the trip, to be sure it doesn't act abnormal. You will like the added spring in back, and any new shock will beat your old beat ones,at least for a while.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh...One of the bikes is my brother's Suzuki Katana which is a piggy 500lbs...My bike is a SV650 which is about $400Lbs...Add gas and round up and you got 1000Lbs. I did the math and we got about 400Lbs worth of human; 1000Lbs of bike; tools, luggage, and you got a FULLY loaded tacoma haul'en down to FL for bike week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts