TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great day for it! Sunny, 45*, calm. Had an awesome time and met some new folks. :) Some of the pics I snapped:

Airing down

Just cruisin'

Waiting for something

A photograph of a photographer ;)

Nicole trying to get up a wall

A little too slick, so backing away

Yet another stop

Brian screwin' around ;)

Jeremy frozen to the drift :D

My attempt at an artsy fartsy shot :confused: Thanks to Bill and Athena for putting cool spikes on their fenders :D

Just a shot of Colorado beauty on a nice day

Molly throwing (for real this time) snowballs for Layla

Jay after taking a snowball in the face :eek:

Troy putting a giant handful of snow down Molly's back :eek::eek:

Nate high-centered and flinging snow

Bill doing the same while getting a yank

Whoa kitty!

Back on the trail

.....But not for long. Jay snapped a CV!

Even in this modern age, rocks are sometimes still the best tools

Oh yeah, it got fuckered up

The cat was so engrossed in the repair that she had to be dragged away

Thanks to Doug and his spare CV, Jay was back on the trail in (virtually) no time

Airing up at the end of the day (thanks Brian for the CO2 - I'll hit you with some cash this week)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
wish I could have made this one! was working on the truck today. Installed a e locker and worked on the sliders!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Well I suppose I better get back out in the garage and get the taco done. So's I don't miss the next one. GREAT PICS Brian!:cool:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Was a very good, fun, run.

We were just getting to the hardest part when Jay got the shaft (no pun intended) and we decided to call it a day there.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Looked like fun....Wish i would have been on the road before so i could have made this one.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, that's almost identical, right down to the shape of the break. Must be a weak spot in the construction.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
They all break in a pretty similar manner from what I've noticed, this one looks a little different since the base is on it.

Sucks, I'm still trying to figure it out. It's gotta be something within the half shaft on the passenger side of tacoma's. Whether it be bearings wearing out, splines wearing down, spider gears, or what. Somethings gotta give!

·
20,355 Posts
So did Jay take out the hub/bearings as well? if so that sucks. I have noticed since doing the manual hub swap that in 4wheel drive when taking of there seems to be a bit of a lag to the front wheels getting power compared to with the ADD. that may be part of why manual hub cvs tend to break more. still gotta rebuild my hubs though, so that may be what i am feeling.

Nate, how did you like the new tires. doesnt look like there was much more snow up there than the last time we ran it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Looked like less snow than when Nate and Jay and I went; still looks like you guys had a good time. Nice work at the quarry. Sorry I didn't have much time to hang with you guys at the brewhaha, if I'd a seen ya I could have got some beers for ya. Hope Nate doesn't get food poisoning.:xbarf:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I definitely got stuck at work, 5 hours worth, and had just wished I got to go out instead.

Nate's tread blocks look ridiculously large. Looks like it was a nice easy going trip. Lots of good looking rigs, I wish I got to go!

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
i think your theory is right nate. there seems like there is more play in the passenger axle than the drivers side, probably due to the transfer shaft from the diff to the axle. hopefully i can get a new hub and axle relatively quickly and get the truck back to 100%

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Nate, how did you like the new tires. doesnt look like there was much more snow up there than the last time we ran it.
Dropped them down to about 3psi R and 5psi F and they did awesome offroad.

There was a little more snow, but mainly just blown/fresh snow in the ruts which made it a little more fun.

We were just getting to the point where you got stuck last time Ike, which had quite a bit of fresh snow in it. Nicole and I got a hundred yards up when Jay broke, so we turned around and that's where we called it a day.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think my sig is all that helpful at the moment. :lmao: Truck has BJ spacers in front, OME Dakars in back; 4.88's front and rear, e-locked in rear; Addicted Offroad front bumper, Shittybilt rear (soon to be replaced w/ tire carrier); 33x10.50x15 BFG AT's on AR steelies; a shitload of miles; and lots of plans. :)

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Super fun. I'll get my picks up later today. Was too busy the lst 2 days staying wth Nic and Mike so I got little Kayla time. I'd say that was a perfect snow run. Not a winc fest which was SO nice, and a really great group of peeps. Thanks all for coming out!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Hey guys... had a great time, thanks for setting up a run during the time we were here! I will upload the pictures in a few days when we get back home to the great state of Kalifornia... miss Colorado and all y'all and it was nice seeing some old and new faces. CoTTORA has come a long way in the last few years... I'm proud! :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts