TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new 2007 Kawasaki KLR650. It's so new it has yet to be assembled or sat on! I picked black...yeeeehawww!

(this is a file photo; mine is identical, but I won't pick it up till Thursday)

·
Registered
600 Posts
spindleshanks said:
I just bought a brand new 2007 Kawasaki KLR650. It's so new it has yet to be assembled or sat on! I picked black...yeeeehawww!

(this is a file photo; mine is identical, but I won't pick it up till Thursday)
Congrats...where ya gonna ride dat der thing?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Nice! As much as I enjoy wheelin, it always feels good to wizz by a line of trucks on my bike. But on the flip side, it hurts like shit when I fall....

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouucch! Yeah, I'm gonna keep this on road for the most part. It's a bit heavy for a dirt bike (so I've been told). But it'll make a great touring bike, believe it or not. Looking at going up to Idaho on it this summer and down to the San Luis Valley, just adventure riding wherever I can.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Jacket said:
Nice! As much as I enjoy wheelin, it always feels good to wizz by a line of trucks on my bike. But on the flip side, it hurts like shit when I fall....
Awh yes...the trick there is NOT TO FALL!?! :eek: (easier said than done). :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
spindleshanks said:
Ouucch! Yeah, I'm gonna keep this on road for the most part. It's a bit heavy for a dirt bike (so I've been told). But it'll make a great touring bike, believe it or not. Looking at going up to Idaho on it this summer and down to the San Luis Valley, just adventure riding wherever I can.
You'll love it! There are tons and tons of places to ride that. You could probably spend a lifetime here in Colorado and still not hit every trail in the state. I go on the Awesome Autumn Dual Sport Ride (sponsored by Fay Myers) every year, that's a lot of fun with a bike like that. The KLRs blow all the 'dike bikes' away when we hit the pavement. But they may take a little finesse to get through the wooded areas. This year the Awesome Autumn Dual Sport Ride is the last weekend in Sept., 9/29/07-9/30/07. It's a blast if you're up for it.
Enjoy the bike,
Jim

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's gonna take a lot of practice before I can ride the thing decent off road. One of these days though!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
dr350jja said:
Awh yes...the trick there is NOT TO FALL!?! :eek: (easier said than done). :D
Yea well - my dirt bike is my "beater." It's taken a pounding - none worse than the belly flop it did off of my trailer and on to I-70 (fortunately I was driving my truck at the time)....

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bwah! That's the beautiful thing about dirt bikes, like in those Crusty Videos when they run 'em into the water, then just pull the plug and crank it over, fill it up and get back on! They take some serious abuse. My new Kawie is a 4stroke though, so it's not quite as bulletproof. But it walks over curbs and other street-related obstacles.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I was gonna kick yo ass Jeremy - if you werre going to forgo wheeling to ride the bike instead. (Especially since my rig will be fixed this week!) But since it is more of a joy riding thing :D

·
Registered
610 Posts
i took my boy out riding his atv this weekend. pmi in pueblo is a killer spot to go and screw around. the trails go on for days and is a good place to get some practice in! let me know if you wanna head out there sometime

1 - 18 of 18 Posts