TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a nice running 1978 FJ40 tonight up in Cheyenne. Needs a rear seal and some new gaskets and a little steel to replace some of the rust, but for the price, I definitely didn't go wrong. The inside of the tub is pretty much rust free. It has a 4.10 axle ratio also. Unfortunately, now I will be trading my Tacoma for a car that gets good gas mileage as my daily driver soon, so my alias has to go. :( Oh well, I have time to build it until the snow melts and think of a new alias.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Good deal Bob! I can't imagine you ditching your awesome little Taco though. I wish I had a car to trade for it. Holler if you need some help on the FJ!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
That's a beauty!

There's a red '76 that I've seen for sale near my neighborhood. Rebuilt I6 has 15K miles on it, and it looks beat up, but solid. The owner is asking 10K for it though :( too much for me right now unless I ditched my taco....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jeremy! David said he'd also like to join in too. I just need to gather up some parts over the next few months. That along with a hoist would be what I consider being in a zen state. Definitely need to ditch the drag link setup too.

That's sweet Jacket. I have to keep telling the wife that these things are normally selling for like 3x what I got mine for. I think that all mine needs right now engine/drive train-wise is just the rear seal on the crank. No piston slap or any other strange noises while driving it 50 miles down I25 tonight. And I thought the 84-88 trucks were solid. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts