TTORA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some 295/75/17 nitto a/t's and i am having some rubbing on the front fenders towards the back. i already did some cutting but i know they will rub off-road if i get into anything hairy. I was wondering if i could add any kind of body lift to my 3" Revtek lift with ease and safety? :confused:

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Fire_Yota said:
I recently bought some 295/75/17 nitto a/t's and i am having some rubbing on the front fenders towards the back. i already did some cutting but i know they will rub off-road if i get into anything hairy. I was wondering if i could add any kind of body lift to my 3" Revtek lift with ease and safety? :confused:
SO you got 17's which leads me to believe you have an 05+ taco, or an FJC. You can do a 1" BL and be fine, or just cut a bit more. Or you can see how much it rubs when you go out the first time.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
One inch BL, but I wouldn't go any higher than that with a DD. Crap tends to come loose when you get into the bigger BL.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
mojavegold said:
One inch BL, but I wouldn't go any higher than that with a DD. Crap tends to come loose when you get into the bigger BL.
IF you don't take care of your truck...

now that being said. I've had a 2" BL on my 04 and it did cause issuse, just not with things coming loose. I hammered on the rig so it was to be expected.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Also, If the tire is rubbing on the metal Body mount in the backside of the fender, a body lift is not going to help(assuming this is an 05+).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
t's not an '05 it's a '97. i am rubbing on the fender not the mount. from what i have heard here and yotatech sounds like the 1 inch will be tha way to go. local shops are trying to sell me the 3". thanks for the info guys!

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
they will continue to sell you 3", 4 crawler is one of the few that has 1" and I dont think they are avail at retail shops

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Fire_Yota said:
I don't even see 295/75/17's on their site :confused: ... a 295/70 was listed... hmmm...

Why would you run bling 17's on an early Taco anyhow? :xsmash:

Anyhow... add the BL... it has nothing to do with a suspension lift...

Just don't go jumping shiat... and recheck yer BL bolts from time to time to be sure they haven't worked loose... You could probably get away with a 1" BL... and some serious hammer work... Or 2" if you want to do less fender banging/trimming...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts