TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy James is on Military Leave for a short time. He opened his Christmas gift from his folks last week. It's a Winch!, Champion, but a great gift. We're camping Sat and Sun. He wants a winch bumper done and installed by then, or, before he heads back out to Norfolk, then off to the gulf. He spent last Monday calling around various 4 Wheel supply joints. 'Bout all he can come up with local is an ARB or Warn. Problem is, he doesn't care for that style. He prefers round tube, especially the Smitty Built "look". He called me bummed out. With other vendors, we'd most likely be waiting for shipping, etc. But remember, TIME is of the essence. I told him he would need something custom and local to get it done in time. I referred him to Toy Box Auto. Carlos and Jake are great guys. He printed the map from the web site, and took off from Anthem. Called me a few hours later to tell me he's getting a bumper from Toy Box Auto. Was told to bring the winch when you drop off the truck, and they would take care of everything. Boy did they, he is STOKED! They did exactly what he had in mind, even better! This thing is STOUT, and built / mounted / reinforced like you couldn't believe. Thanks again fellas, this meant alot.
Stace.
Here's a pic at camp!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thanks for the props, he seemed to be really happy with the way it came out. He said that it totally matched what he pictured in his mind.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No prob Carlos! We coulda used it the Sunday prior at Martinez Canyon! 1 hour woulda been cut down to 10 mins. tops.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fall asleep at the wheel?
No. Came up the left side fine, but had to back up a bit to clear a rock. Backed a "little" too far and the washout sucked the truck in. TBOB, this is the same location the yellow 4Runner got stuck in at AZRocks, the Thursday run you lead. Rex's brother in-law I believe.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
oops edit post...u said thurs run.....ummmm I still don't remember.

Don't remember him...maybe I was in the back of the pack at that time fixing jeeps :rolleyes: That one guy from Tuscon got all screwed up in a ditch coming up the switchbacks and I had to drive around him to pull him out but it wasn't the same spot as your pic - I'm trying to picture where that is.

No. Came up the left side fine, but had to back up a bit to clear a rock. Backed a "little" too far and the washout sucked the truck in. TBOB, this is the same location the yellow 4Runner got stuck in at AZRocks, the Thursday run you lead. Rex's brother in-law I believe.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yep, That looks like the same spot allright. and by the way, that was my brother. Not an "in-law" (or outlaw)

REX

1 - 10 of 10 Posts