TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, another newbie here.... yeah, yeah I know FNG...

I thought I read somewhere that the Off Road model comes with the engine skidplate and fuel plate or cover and front tow ring, I couldn't find out if this comes on the Sport model as well. Can anyone tell me? Thanks in advance.

Also, the dealer has a new 06's (Sport/ExtCab) and a used 06 (Off Road/ExtCab 21,000 miles) on the lot, they are asking about the same price.... Which is the better deal? again thanks in advance from the newbie...

·
Registered
94 Posts
My off road did not come with the front skid plate , I payed extra .
If I has noticed how thin and flimsy , I wouldn't have ordered it.

As as Offroad or sport, Do you need the locker ? do you off road alot ?
I wanted the hood scoop so I ordered one , And i purchased a set of
sport wheels used, so now I have a sport/offroad truck , added a front
locker. I very happy altogether.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
X2 Indigo. The skid plates are junk. I would go for the OR extc VS the sport. I don't believe the sport comes with the Skid plates.

·
Registered
98 Posts
OffRoad comes with a tow hook, Sport comes with a tie down loop...

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
X2 on the cheesy skidplate. Im looking into buying All-Pros once they do one for the Tacoma or getting one fabbed. :welder:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well, I did it, I broke down and bought it... I am the proud owner of a young Silver DC 4x4 TRD Sport, and I love it!!! If anyone wants a new 06 model there are 2 here in Pensacola, FL. Can get one heck of a deal. 1 is a Silver TRD Sport A/C and the other is a Black DC 4x4. I wanted the DC so bad that I paid a little extra for the 07 model. Dealer was nice enough to give me (almost) the same deal on the 07 as the 06.

Well thanks for the info guys, I read through all the old posts and kinda got what everybody was saying. You either love the LSD or the Locker, but like most said you can't go wrong with either.

I test drove both, didn't care much for the locker, turn radius was kinda rough (disclaimer - I did not make any sudden or tight turns! according to the manual, so says the dealer, it helps to unlock the locker when you turn it off), but guess thats why they call it a locker... :rolleyes: also can't really drive faster than 5mph. Besides I don't do a lot of serious off roading, the LSD is full time and the ride was a little better and it is good enough for any off roading that I will do... ok ok, I know I'm not a real man unsless I have a locker in my 4x4, well my girlfriend de-nutted me a long time ago, :whip: so it don't matter much to me anyways....

INDIGO thanks for the info, thats prob the best idea, make your own model that fits you. Which is what I will do!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Boomer34 said:
I test drove both, didn't care much for the locker, turn radius was kinda rough...
Hmmmmm... No wonder why all these rear diffs are breaking. Dealers are letting people test drive the trucks with the locker engaged, making tight turns, on pavement! :eek:

·
Registered
313 Posts
monty said:
Hmmmmm... No wonder why all these rear diffs are breaking. Dealers are letting people test drive the trucks with the locker engaged, making tight turns, on pavement! :eek:
Thats what their for stupid :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hmmm... don't think I took any "TIGHT" turns... don't think I even said i took any "TIGHT" turns, but thanks for telling me that I did. Anyways, I turned BECAUSE I was told by the salesman that the Toyota manual says it helps unlock the locker...

if I am wrong then forgive me for my ignorance... it was a used Taco and the salesman had taken it home the night prior.. he didn't say what he did or why he test drove it home, just that he didn't want it sitting around and not being "used". Which was funny because they just got it last week. Guess he didn't want the mud to solidify.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts