TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The view from the top, a really fun climb to get up to here, also some pretty hairy switchbacks depending on conditions, they were hairy today, the burms saved me from being a sardine.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
mudferret said:
The view from the top, a really fun climb to get up to here, also some pretty hairy switchbacks depending on conditions, they were hairy today, the burms saved me from being a sardine.

purdy ;) We've gotten something like 8-12' of snow in the last week in the Sierras...and its still snowing :D

I can't believe you don't have sliders yet, LOL

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
hytenor said:
purdy ;) We've gotten something like 8-12' of snow in the last week in the Sierras...and its still snowing :D

For some reason we don't have a lot of snow here this year but the wheeling has been great anyways. I'd like to see the snow you're getting though. ....Steve

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
SteveO said:
For some reason we don't have a lot of snow here this year but the wheeling has been great anyways. I'd like to see the snow you're getting though. ....Steve
since you've been out here you can imagine the same area with 12' drifts ;)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hytenor said:

Sliders have been high on the list for a while, but I've neglected to get them so far. I'm even considering going with a bit of bling; getting them made with SS just like Dick Foster:) Mostly to eliminate the rusting and any need to paint them.

That's a whole helluva lot of snow you've gotten!:eek:

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
mudferret said:
Sliders have been high on the list for a while, but I've neglected to get them so far. I'm even considering going with a bit of bling; getting them made with SS just like Dick Foster:) Mostly to eliminate the rusting and any need to paint them.

That's a whole helluva lot of snow you've gotten!:eek:
yea, someone needs to have SS sliders like Dick's so he doesn't feel so lonesome ;)

the snow just doesn't seem to want to stop. We may get a little clearing tomorrow but there are more storms lined up in the Pacific coming in the next day...sheesh. I need to get up there this week and get some pics of my truck in a 6' drift, LOL

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
dyogim said:
Here's some snow from this past week. Courtesy of Mike Donofrio

dude! I hate that site, LOL I have to register just to view pics

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dyogim said:
Here's some snow from this past week. Courtesy of Mike Donofrio

Yowza, that's a lot of snow. Looks nice and wet and heavy as well.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
hytenor said:
since you've been out here you can imagine the same area with 12' drifts ;)
I think I'd be more scared on the roads there than on the trails judging by the exposure on the road in to Tahoe. I think the best part about winter wheeling is it makes the easy trails a lot more fun so you can wheel the tough stuff in the summer and easy in the winter. Have fun. ...Steve

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
SteveO said:
I think I'd be more scared on the roads there than on the trails judging by the exposure on the road in to Tahoe. I think the best part about winter wheeling is it makes the easy trails a lot more fun so you can wheel the tough stuff in the summer and easy in the winter. Have fun. ...Steve
we just take side roads that don't get plowed ;)

of course we will have to start a little lower in elevation after this last week ;)

hwy 50 and 88 don't get anywhere near the traffic that 80 does.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts