TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not wheeling related, but kinda cool to build. i had to build it custom sized to fit in this enclosure for a client.

post up some weird things youve built!

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
was the clients name Oscar?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Here is a towel dryer I built for the wash bay at my work.

It was just scrap metal, and took me like 2 hours. But my boss spiffed me $50 :D

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Plug in Vice 1.0 (1.1 is in the works and should be much better!)

It's 2"x2" 1/4" wall tube and 1/4" wall 2" Angle with 1/2" Grade 8 Bolts.. since that's what I had laying around. Being in college and being in an apartment, I didn't want to build a big welding table to mount a vice on only to have to move it at the end of the year, so this was a good alternative. It will also come in handy out on the trails I think. This one slides in and out (no spare tire under the bed) and has holes drilled for a hitch pin to lock it in each position. I also made it so I can slide it out far enough to use AND have the tailgate down at the same time.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Okay I got it for free but then I rigged the scooter to do about 40 mph at 48V and 12 amps. I had to fab a new motor bracket for the 750W motor. I also installed foot pegs, and a speedometer. Great for quick trips to the store. :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
Okay I got it for free but then I rigged the scooter to do about 40 mph at 48V and 12 amps. I had to fab a new motor bracket for the 750W motor. I also installed foot pegs, and a speedometer. Great for quick trips to the store. :D
Oh my. I did the same thing a few years back and it was a blast. Idk how torquey yours is, But if you wernt carefull mine would buck you right off!:D
Maybe a cyntricical clutch next time! :missingto:shiner:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Me and my Boss built every metal structure you see in this pic, That Spiral stair case was pretty fun, had to make in it two parts so it could fit in the powder coaters oven,

·
Registered
71 Posts
One of my most useful welding projects...tool hanger for the shop, not really too wierd, but here it is.

Some steak turners/fajita meat flippers that I forged...

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Bike stands that you push down with your foot and it lifts the dirtbike up. First one got stolen, second one needed some redesigning, third one was the charm.

Flagpole for the fire department I volunteer for. 20' long, and got it powdercoated black.

Built these fenders for a members trailer:

I know it's not metal, but it was a PITA to get all the angles. Sub box for my boat:

Holds the bead down on a dirtbike while you mount the tire. Screw paying 20+ bucks for a motion pro one.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
^ those are so nice, too bad 99% of my tube changes are in the middle of nowhere in baja nad i already carry way too much shit:D

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
About this Discussion
121 Replies
59 Participants
gregers05
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing