TTORA Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Dude that bike is fucking sick lol. Can you wheelie it?

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
why?:confused:

whats the weight capacity of it all? I see the middle seat "sagging" with three people on it, but it is badass!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Coffee Table I built for a friend. 1.5x1.5 angle iron frame top, 1"flat bar legs, 5/8" bar stock leg braces, table top made of planed boards from wooden pallets-stained and coated with spar varnish. He said he wanted a "rustic, heavy duty coffee table" so I made him one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
that looks really good, what is the finish on the steel?
It's called museum wax. 1 cup of beeswax, 1/2 cup of turpentine, 1/2 cup boiled linseed oil and a tablespoon of Japan Drier. Heat up the beeswax and add the other ingredients-apply to hot metal, take a rosebud tip on a torch and heat the metal after applying the wax. This opens up the metal and allows the wax to penetrate. It is a real pain to use, but "blacks" the mild steel while providing a rust proofing finish.

I have used aerosol spray lacquer before with good results too.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
dude that table is sweet! good work! you are more than welcome to make me one if you get bored! ill even cover shipping for you lol

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Awesome! That's cool that you were able to use wood from pallets too
ud be suprised what some palets are made of. ive seen a few that had black walnut boards on em and have seen many pallets that where completely made of oak. needless to say they didnt stay in the shape of a pallet much longer

·
Registered
296 Posts
Two winters ago I heated my house with pallet wood. There's a place nearby that goes up to the Camry factory and takes all their old pallets off their hands and then rebuilds them. They throw out all the scrap in about 8-14" pieces. I show up with a trailer and they forklift two crates on there for free! Never turned the heat on once that winter!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Bump! I liked this thread! I need some more ideas to work on my welding skills.

Did this yesterday. Bump extensions.

This response brought to
you by Al Gore and Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
wheel lamp

used one of those piston key chains and used a larger bead chain and shop lamp shade. just weld a rotor of whatever bolt pattern you want to a piece of pipe. welded a lamp mounting tab on the top with a lamp kit from home depot/lowes and put the lamp wire through the valve stem hole.

couch "axle" sprayed black

wheels refinished

before i put it in the computer room, next to the lamp

my couch would have been a lot cooler if I used the bench seat from my toyota, would have fit better. I built it around the toyota bench seat, but then I got this 3rd row suburban seat out of an upholstery shop dumpster and had an interior lady spray it for 20$ and I could keep my toyota bench seat for my toyota! Some freebie bent wheels from the stealership that would have been tossed. along with used non-spec tires and used rotors welded to pipe again, and bolted the wheels on, and u-bolts to the seat frame. It needs nice fenders and the wider toyota bench seat to actually look legit.. but it works. headrests and center caps are in it now..

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Ya seriously.

Bump bump bump. We need more updates and inspiration.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts
About this Discussion
121 Replies
59 Participants
gregers05
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing