TTORA Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
After seeing a bunch of metal targets online, I built this one out of scrap stuff. We'll see how it works. I'll try it out from way out first. LOL.

·
Registered
35 Posts

i ripped this design from a rack i saw on a raptor, so i used the contour of the plastics and built this one for my little warrior. its been flipped over a bunch which is why its all out of square now but nothings cracked or broke!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
After seeing a bunch of metal targets online, I built this one out of scrap stuff. We'll see how it works. I'll try it out from way out first. LOL.

Watch out for the ricochet:D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Made this for my buddy's 3rd gen Runner. Working on one for mine as well.

First gen Runner roll bar, custom box with 2 Rockford Fosgate R2D2 10" Subwoofers, and custom drawer system.

Mine should be done in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
lacrosse goals for my team I coach

artsy shit for my girl (girl's love artsy shit)

lumber rack for coworker

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

In case anyone cares, this thing works AWESOME for .22 and handguns. .223 and 7.62x39 didn't go through it, but made some nice size holes! I could shoot it all day long. I did end up shooting the stand apart though, was too small for the plate and couldn't handle the misses. :rolleyes: I've now got it hanging from a wire rack like painters use to hold car parts, works much better.

·
Registered
799 Posts
In case anyone cares, this thing works AWESOME for .22 and handguns. .223 and 7.62x39 didn't go through it, but made some nice size holes! I could shoot it all day long. I did end up shooting the stand apart though, was too small for the plate and couldn't handle the misses. :rolleyes: I've now got it hanging from a wire rack like painters use to hold car parts, works much better.
Most metal shops can order AR500 steel and that will take a beating from 223/556 (including M855) without much damage. It will be a custom order and if you can get it in 1 foot strap and have them cut it down to 1 foot squares that will be most cost effective. If I remember correctly last time I got some it was through REW materials in town here.

Ive tried 50ksi steel and it doesnt hold up nearly as well as AR500.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Been working on the side of a mountain the last month helping finish up the infrastructure of the longest and highest zip lines in Canada (possibly north america).

Here's a test flight of line 1, 85L of water coming across the valley from the mountain on the other side.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151519039398123&l=1682561774556831147

134m boardwalk through rainforest at almost 1000m elevation, connects landing 1 to launch 2.

Launch 2:

Then they said "build a 20'x20' heli pad" and handed me a chainsaw...

Heli Pad done, Johnny posing for... Let's say perspective.. It's only supposed to be for emergency medical evac, and may never get used.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Also I finally finished a little row boat project I picked up last autumn.

Tore out all the old, rotting wood,

New transom and gunnels

Rebuild rear seat

Then it was rain season and winter, so I sanded the green crap off the oars

A LOT of coats of sealant

A lot of fiberglass. I hate fiberglass

Then a coat of paint

Done

·
Registered
2,335 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
That's impressive....

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Sculpture I did last year, life size, 4500 16p nails
I hope those nails weren't galvanized...

You have patience and talent. Pretty cool.:)

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I really like the tube on the bed. Please show more when you can.:)

101 - 120 of 122 Posts
About this Discussion
121 Replies
59 Participants
gregers05
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing