TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had a shit-tastic day today. Woke up late, got work about 15min late but that was no big deal. Decided to go to tractor supply to take a look at some paint for my hotrod project. On the way there, take this dirt road that cuts across town and slit my fuckin tire on a rock. Walk 2 miles to a friends shop, gives me a ride into town for a new tire.

Get back on the road and notice that my blinkers arent workin right. So i figure what the hells going on now. Every time i step on the brake, the little turn signal indicator comes on on the dash so im thinking my bulb is out. Get home, take a look at it and my left blinker goes out whenever i step on the brake. The right is fine.. dont know why. So if im making a left turn and im on the brakes... i have no signal. Get on the gas, it comes back on. WTF!!!

So if anyone has any ideas as to what could be going on with my blinkers, that would help me out alot. Oh.. and to top it off, my rear axle seal started leaking today.:eek:

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Replace the bulb or disconnect the trailer wiring harness if you have one.
x2 my trailer wiring harness was full of water and muck caused same problems.. i'd step on brake and blinkers on dash would light up turn on blink step on brake blinker stays lit doesnt blink.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Normaly, when turning one thing on (The brake light) causes another thing to go off (The blinker), it's a bad ground.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I second... check the ground. Of course a bad trailer wire harness and bad bulb could cause the same thing also.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
spare tire...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it wasnt the bulb. Ground looked ok, but the screw was all rusted so i might swap it out. But i still have to check out the trailer harness. But other than that.. i dont know what to do.

Might check out the flasher relay since my hazards were on for a good 2 hours. B/c when i have the hazards on and i step on the brake, they go out completly. So that could be another thing to look at.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
if the problem started after you hit the hazard's........im guessing you fucked up the hazard switch somehow......or it's still somewhat stuck down?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Well it wasnt the bulb. Ground looked ok, but the screw was all rusted so i might swap it out. But i still have to check out the trailer harness. But other than that.. i dont know what to do.

Might check out the flasher relay since my hazards were on for a good 2 hours. B/c when i have the hazards on and i step on the brake, they go out completly. So that could be another thing to look at.
Uhhh... you can't check a ground by looking at it.

Get a 12 volt test light and use it to verify that there is in fact a good working ground on all the components involved.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
friend of mine had the same problem, brake lights worked if the aprking lights werent on, but if the parking lights were on, no signal or brake lights... its all the same bulb... ended up being a bad ground.... didnt look bad, but i started playing with it and individually testing each wire, it was a ground

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
blinker fluid is low

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
There's the helpful Hytenor we all know and love. :p
O, yea...sorry.

You can use the regular fluid and that works just fine but the synthetic seems to help with a smoother blink and it lasts longer.

that better?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
O, yea...sorry.

You can use the regular fluid and that works just fine but the synthetic seems to help with a smoother blink and it lasts longer.

that better?

DAMNIT!!! I knew i shouldnt have been topping off my blinker fluid at night. Must have mixed it up with brake fluid. Son- of-a-bitch!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Let me guess... the cruise control fluid is low too then... since the cruise and blinkers don't work...

but seriously, do any of you know if that is a whole multifunction unit, that is what I am thinking I need to replace...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright... tested the ground and it was good. Disconnecter the trailer harness and it worked again. So that was my problem the whole time. Hell i dont use it so no big deal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts