TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:Is it just me or does anyone agree that social media has destroyed the local four wheeling community? You can blame it on the times, the government, landowners, inconsiderate wheelers, whatever. Just seems like all the local wheeling seemed just fine until the interweb went boom and started advertising all our areas to the whole stinking world!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Knowledge is power (good or bad) ... and yeah, your right.

And would you say newer social media kills older social media, right?

Facebook>>>TTORA for example??? I may just unplug all together, leave the grid, toss the cell phones, kill the land line and live like they did a few short years ago ... like way way back in the 80's

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Catch22. Think of all the places we wouldn't know about without the internet, wouldn't have met all of y'all, be a lot harder to plan trips too, unless you figure we wouldn't know each other, wouldn't know anywhere outside of local to wheel, and the trip would be a lot easier to plan. Lol.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
you know what ruined wheeling? Hockey.

I'm just kidding Phil.

I just wish I could see you out on the trails again.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
This is the reason Kauai boys don't like pics of their area.

No wheeling, fishing or surfing spots posted.

Why I post minimal pics.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go home bro, you're drunk. :flipoff4:
Was waiting for that comment, HA HA.

Yes i wouldn't have known of all these cool places to wheel and haven't met alot of great people on here!. Just kills me to think of all the great places ive been in the the past that closed and really only because too much traffic was generated that was mostly wheeling tourist!
My heads all full of Muck this week so beware.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe it's different out east, but here in CO the awareness of responsible land use that comes with awesome social media (and other) exposure is a good thing. For us, if it's unknown it WILL be closed. However when we show how responsible enthusiasts can take care of a given trail, it's harder for access to be taken away. IMHO ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
shane4x4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing