TTORA Forum banner

Young kid and the Old Taco from SoCol

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  wakkjobb 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my names Tristan. I'm 19 and I'm in Pueblo West, Colorado. I've had my license for about a year and a half now, I've been driving my Tacoma the whole time. It was passed down to me from my dad. Still runs strong and feels like new! Everything is all original except starter and cluch.

- 1998 SR5 Xtra Cab
- 300k Miles
- V6 4x4 with Rear Diff Lock

- For its 300k mark I'm gonna do my baby up good. Yesterday I bought some newer and nicer Toyota wheels. Soon I want to put a 3 inch lift and throw some 32s on it. I also need to replace the rear lights and upgrade the headlights, as well as fix all the body damage I have dealt on her :mad: most likely get a paint job as well.

- I really like the expedition look and feel, and I plan on goin on some good mountain expeditions when she's all suited up. (Bumper, Winch, Topper with Rack, etc.)

- Now I don't have too much experience with this kind of stuff so its a learning process. Any advice, tips, suggestions are greatly appreciated. I wanna share the transformation and learn as much as I can with you guys. Thanks! Tell me what you think about her and what you would do. Here's a few Pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see new faces looking to keep the yota's alive! There's a section called new mods where you can start a build thread and when you get new stuff done we can follow you there. Your truck looks good but will only look better with the bumper's and upgrades your looking at doing. I would suggest a set of sliders for when your in the back country you wont mess up the rocker planels. We are excited to see how the transformation goes, keep posting up and pics are a must...lol.

#6 ·
Thanks for the reply man! Honestly I won't be going to crazy with it, won't be doing anything like MOAB. Ill have to do some research into armour, I know how expensive just front bumpers are, so Ill either have to build one or find one for no more than like 300.

#4 ·
Twin! :D Welcome to the forum. I hope when you say you get a paint job, you won't be changing the color. It's a rare color. :) Not to mention I get TONS of compliments on mine. It hides dirt amazingly well and looks amazing when it's clean. Shines like a diamond even when it's dirty haha.

Here's my build thread if you want to get some ideas:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/ice-horses-1998-trd-extended-cab.282176/

#12 ·
Trail Gear are on the lower end of prices and they work well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.