TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell us what truck you have along with the engine what other performance mods have you done and what kind of exhaust you have and what you like and dislike about it.

Me:

02 Tacoma 3.4L 4x4
TRD drop in air filter
airbox elbow delete
Gibson catback exhaust

Pros:
its not loud at all, its a bit louder than the stock exhaust which I like but its not annoying. 1 more MPG. Not very expensive compared to other cat backs on the market and is a quality system.

Cons:
Though I like it not being loud, a bit more noise at WOT would always be nice.

I would definetly buy it again if i had to do it all over. I think some headers would be a great addition to my current setup but $$$ is limited right now. Now post your setup and opinions.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
'00 / 3.4 / 4X
K&N FIPK
or
Stock AB w/DP
(depends on the trail or my mood ;) )

Flowmaster 40 and custom cat back tube work...

Nice gutteral sound...

A little droning at freeway speeds...

I like to hear the engine work... what can I say... ;)

Pic of mine....

·
Registered
465 Posts
No Tacoma here anymore.

05 4runner 4.7 v8
K&N Drop in filter
Magnaflow Oval Muffler, with pipe rerouted. There was some oval piece on the rear pipe that I removed also. Resonator maybe?

Pros, Sound like a v8 should. Sets off car alarms in parking lots, reasonably on the freeway.

Cons, When towing its annoying. Some freeway drone (when radio is low) Weld job looks bad. Tip changed to a yellowish burned color.

It sound good most of the time, except when I have a Migraine, or had a shity day at work, then I am ready to take it off.

My 99 and 01 Tacoma v6 was a lot louder though.

·
Registered
967 Posts
03 Dcab 4wd

K&N Drop in
Deckplate Mod
Magnaflow Oval with rerouted pipe

Runs nice and quiet at idle and has a nice clean deep sound when you get on it...especially with the deckplate out. Usually run with the plate in cause it can get annoying.

·
Registered
164 Posts
92 4Runner with 3.0L V6
40 series flowmaster
ISR mod
K&N drop in filter

Nice low rumble. Good for a V6. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Like Dell said, it does tend to drone a bit on the freeway....but that's why my stereo is there.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Modified '03 2.7L in my 2000
40 series FM
Deckplate Mod

The tailpipe is cut right after the end of the muffler, it's pretty damn loud but I've gotten used to it :D

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
07 FJC, 4.0 engine, no engine mods, TRD exaust with the Saws-All mod.

Has a nice tone to it without being too loud. The only thing I didn't like about it I fixed with the mod.

·
Registered
98 Posts
07 PreRunner 4.0L SR5

Mods:
Currently stock, but ave parts on the way:

Aero Turbine Muffler
Volant CAI
BFG AT's

Eventually id like to throw in some camburg's and deavers, but funds are low being a full time student.

·
Registered
128 Posts
aFe Stage II SIS intake (big name for airbox w/ cone in it), aFe silver bullet throttle body spacer, Magnaflow muffler. Truck has nice throaty sound under mid to full throttle. Hardly noticeable on the freeway when cruising. TB spacer does whistle at low rpm acceleration, but then fades away around 2-2.5k rpm.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
2004 tacoma 3.4L with K&N drop in filter and flowmaster 40 with a 2.5" turndown:
I love it. Its deep and loud and it doesn't get old to me. I also felt a little more power in the low end. And no more worries about crunching my exhaust out in the dirt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
BLACKHAWK250
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing