TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this because I am confused by the gears i recently purchased. I ordered a set of Yukon gearsets front and rear. when i received my package, the rears were Yukon, but the box for the fronts were labeled "Value Gear" I e-mailed the company i purchased them from and was told that they were Yukon gears but they come in a different package for the toyota front. Has anyone heard of this? Is there any way to verify manufacturers vis serial numbers on the gears or something? I am not here to bash a company, i am just trying to make sure i have the right information. If I have posted in the wrong place, let me know.

·
Registered
503 Posts
joeylead said:
I am posting this because I am confused by the gears i recently purchased. I ordered a set of Yukon gearsets front and rear. when i received my package, the rears were Yukon, but the box for the fronts were labeled "Value Gear" I e-mailed the company i purchased them from and was told that they were Yukon gears but they come in a different package for the toyota front. Has anyone heard of this? Is there any way to verify manufacturers vis serial numbers on the gears or something? I am not here to bash a company, i am just trying to make sure i have the right information. If I have posted in the wrong place, let me know.
Why dont you call the manufactuer and ask them?

Chris

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
joeylead said:
Just did a quick google search, and found this on Randy's Ring & Pinion site. Looks like they're not Yukon gears, but I'll let you draw your own conclusion.

"Randy’s Ring and Pinion has the LARGEST SELECTION of Ring & Pinion applications and ratios in stock we have found! With ratios from 2.56 all the way up to 7.17! They have the best selection of aftermarket gears, including “Yukon Gear”, as well as Original Equipment GM, Ford, Chrysler, and Dana Spicer. Or, for those of you on a budget, they also carry popular ratios in a “Value Gear” line to compete with import prices."

·
Registered
503 Posts
That sounds pretty shady. Probably thought no one would notice. I would still call Yukon and let them know. They probably dont want a vendor selling crappy gears with their name on them.

Chris

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
joeylead said:
that doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CMB1998 said:
Why dont you call the manufactuer and ask them?

Chris

Unfortunately the Yukon gear website does not have any contact info. I need to find a way to get in contact with them.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
synovus said:
Just did a quick google search, and found this on Randy's Ring & Pinion site. Looks like they're not Yukon gears, but I'll let you draw your own conclusion.

"Randy’s Ring and Pinion has the LARGEST SELECTION of Ring & Pinion applications and ratios in stock we have found! With ratios from 2.56 all the way up to 7.17! They have the best selection of aftermarket gears, including “Yukon Gear”, as well as Original Equipment GM, Ford, Chrysler, and Dana Spicer. Or, for those of you on a budget, they also carry popular ratios in a “Value Gear” line to compete with import prices."
Thanks for the info. I found the site and read what you did. Unfortunately the vendor claims that they are the same. I dont know what to do as I cant find any contact info for Yukon gear.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,420 Posts
joeylead said:
Thanks for the info. I found the site and read what you did. Unfortunately the vendor claims that they are the same. I dont know what to do as I cant find any contact info for Yukon gear.
I'm having a very hard time finding any contact info for Yukon Gear. Their domain registration is private. They don't list their phone or e-mail anywhere. Only the address on their catalog. I can get you the name and phone number of the business next door to them...

Anyways, why hide this info? What does this tell you about the company? :eek:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ShowStop said:
I'm having a very hard time finding any contact info for Yukon Gear. Their domain registration is private. They don't list their phone or e-mail anywhere. Only the address on their catalog. I can get you the name and phone number of the business next door to them...

Anyways, why hide this info? What does this tell you about the company? :eek:
I agree, the whole idea of them hiding thier contact info seems really shady to me. I guess i should have gone with Precision gear :(
I dont know what good it would be to have the name and number of the business next door, but thank anyway!

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
joeylead said:
I agree, the whole idea of them hiding thier contact info seems really shady to me. I guess i should have gone with Precision gear :(
I dont know what good it would be to have the name and number of the business next door, but thank anyway!
I do not have my gears with me but I know it came with a packet, did you look at it to see if there was an address or phone number? If not you should be able to call performance off road center and they should have their phone number because they called them for me.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
joeylead said:
I know that the yukons gears I recieved said yukon on the package. might try calling randy ring and pinion and see if they will tell you who makes their value line of gears. both yukon and precision are made by USA gear or something like that.
call back the company you got them from and see what the price difference is between the yukon and value gears. don't tell them you just got the gears.
if price difference and you paid for yukons then tell them you wnatthe yukons and thats what you paid for.
good luck

·
Registered
369 Posts
I dont know man I cant remember if my Yukon Gears came in boxes that said that or not but they have been great and I havent had any problems with them 5.29 ratio front and rear. Call this number man 251-660-1808 this will connect you with Steve's Offroad here in mobile alabama ask for steve he can answer your question to your satisfaction or give the number you need. 8am-5pm

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ptrautne said:
I do not have my gears with me but I know it came with a packet, did you look at it to see if there was an address or phone number? If not you should be able to call performance off road center and they should have their phone number because they called them for me.
That is the vendor telling me that they are the same gears. I know they may be the same, I just want to make sure of it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
grumpy said:
I know that the yukons gears I recieved said yukon on the package. might try calling randy ring and pinion and see if they will tell you who makes their value line of gears. both yukon and precision are made by USA gear or something like that.
call back the company you got them from and see what the price difference is between the yukon and value gears. don't tell them you just got the gears.
if price difference and you paid for yukons then tell them you wnatthe yukons and thats what you paid for.
good luck[/QUOTE

I will try to contact them and see if there is a price difference. And i will also give randys a call and see if they have any info.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
little_joe said:
It appears that Yukon is actually made by Nissei-USA Mfg, which also appears to be a big OEM supplier.

Good luck. :(

I didnt actually see where you got the info from their website (most liketly me being stupid) but i did send them a message to help see if they may make the value gear also.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
little_joe said:
It appears that Yukon is actually made by Nissei-USA Mfg, which also appears to be a big OEM supplier.

Good luck. :(
interesting, it was my understanding that Yukons are made here in the US in the same factory as Precision Gears.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i had the same thing happen to me. i called POR and asked alex. he told me that they order them as the YM(first two letters in the part number)and they get a mix of ZM and YM . he said that yukon makes value gear also and for many different platforms (DANA etc) they are different but for the Tacoma front they are the same quality. he explained that he had called them for answers before and they told him they were actually the same. he assured me that i would be fine with them and if not to let them know. the value gear and regular yukon names are the same parts for tacoma fronts. this is what ia was told and i havent had any problems with mine.

Justin

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just got the same thing from POR and the fronts were value gear too. They assured me they were the exact same thing and that everything was supposed to be like that. They seem like very trustworthy people so I trust their word.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts