TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going AZTTORA? I'm in the Marine Corps and I was stationed in Yuma from 2000 to 2004 and I did I lot of wheeling there local. I know that Yuma has changed some in the past 3 years but has it been for the better? The reason I'm asking is because it's time for me to transfer to a new duty station. I don't want to live to Cali or North Carolina and I really enjoyed my time in Yuma.

Are there many TTORA members in the Yuma area? I wonder if some of the old wheeling areas I use to wheel are still open. I did I lot of wheel out past YPG and around the "wash".

How's the housing market doing over there?

Thanks

Steven

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
We have a couple members in the Yuma area. I'm sure they will chime in. I can tell you that Yuma is booming (for Yuma). That place has grown extensively. Good luck with your transfer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Did somebody say Yuma?

I think right now I'm the #1 AzTTora member in Yuma -- make that the ONLY one. he hehe. The outskirts of Yuma are exploding over in the foothills. The market has flattened out a bit, I see homes being on the market a bit longer than before.

I love living down here. About the wheeling, I mostly wheel in the sand down here, so I'm not really familiar with the areas you are talking about. But I know there is at least one group that goes on runs every other weekend if I'm correct. I can't remember their name, I haven't had a chance to hang with them yet.

AzHobbes

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I really hope I get orders back to Yuma. If I do it'll be sometime within the year. I'm going to be selling my house here in Jacksonville, FL and I hope to buy a house there in Yuma. I lived in base housing out at Yume Proving Grounds which was really cool cause it right down the road from all the places I liked to go wheeling. I regret that I never made any wheeling trip to any of the major wheeling areas in Az or Ca?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AzHobbes said:
Did somebody say Yuma?

I think right now I'm the #1 AzTTora member in Yuma -- make that the ONLY one. he hehe. The outskirts of Yuma are exploding over in the foothills. The market has flattened out a bit, I see homes being on the market a bit longer than before.

I love living down here. About the wheeling, I mostly wheel in the sand down here, so I'm not really familiar with the areas you are talking about. But I know there is at least one group that goes on runs every other weekend if I'm correct. I can't remember their name, I haven't had a chance to hang with them yet.

AzHobbes

Well I talked to my GySgt today about my orders and that I would like to go Yuma. My wife isn't going to like it but all she needs to know is that the Marine Corps says that's where I'm needed and that I hold no choice in the matter. ;) I don't know for sure if I'll be able to get stationed there yet or when I'll be be checking in but I'm sure it'll be around early summer (June?)

My Runner is built for almost anything. It'll have duals (2.28:1/4.7:1), 30spline Longs, and hydro assisted steering in a couple of weeks.

Here's a few pics of my Runner,

·
Registered
476 Posts
"My wife isn't going to like it but all she needs to know is that the Marine Corps says that's where I'm needed and that I hold no choice in the matter."

I'll make sure and tell her the truth once you get down here. :) Wow, that looks like a very capable rig. You would get bored running around with me. Here's the link to the 4WD group that posts runs together. It looks like they run all kinds of runs.

http://eventsinyuma.com/week.php That's the events calendar -- they post all the time.

AzHobbes

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're going to tell her then I'll make sure we never meet. LOL

Found out today that will be getting orders to MCAS Yuma and checking in sometime in July. I'm going hate the move and I really hate that I have to up root my family every few years but it's what I chose to do with my life.

See some of you guys this summer.

Steven

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
usmcracing
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing