TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 with 04 front end reg cab taco i have bobbed the bed 13in working on new paint as well i been wanting to do a solid axle swap 7in lift with dana 44s maybe a 3 link rear also wanting to do a 5.3 swap with 4l80e and ??? tcase whats everyones thoughts on this setup..the truck also has a body lift i want to remove it but im thinking the 5.3 wont clear if i do this also keeping me from fabbing up my steel bumpers whats everyones thought or ideas

·
Registered
356 Posts
I dont think dana 44s will survive. What size tire are you considering? Swapping in a 5.3 will likely require more body lift and the 4l80 may require transmission tunnel work. What engine do you currently have? Could a 3.4 swap or a supercharger be a suitable alternative?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has the 2.7. that's comin up on 270,000 miles w was thinking maybe 35s or 36s I won't be beating on it to hard and the reason I want the ls swap I can get a lot of parts cheap I can get motor trans and harness for $1000 what size axles would u recommend? Build Dana 44? Dana 60s?

·
Registered
331 Posts
depends on the wheelin that you plan on doing. Rocks will require stronger running gear but built 44's with a 35 in tire should do ok as long as you are not hammering on them too much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts