TTORA Forum banner

ZUK or Chevy swap

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
either way im going to be happy, but i say do the chevy swap..

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
What's the Zuk mod? Does it allow you use springs that aren't nearly as long a Chevy springs? My opinion on chevy springs is that they work well for as inexpensive as you can get them, a traction bar is mandatory to prevent all the wheel hop and the taller the tire the better you will be since the front hanger seems to catch alot of things.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I still say Tacoma springs. Not as long as Cheby's they don't add to or take away lift and flex a lot better than what ya got. Oh and I got some here at my place.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
What's the Zuk mod? Does it allow you use springs that aren't nearly as long a Chevy springs? My opinion on chevy springs is that they work well for as inexpensive as you can get them, a traction bar is mandatory to prevent all the wheel hop and the taller the tire the better you will be since the front hanger seems to catch alot of things.
i woulnd't say mandatory, because i dont' have one... but i'd like to have one none the less haha

·
Registered
992 Posts
the zuk mod is adding zuk coils between your leafs and frame.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I don't have a traction bar on mine but i wish i did. Seems that lately my wheel hop has been a lot worse.

·
Banned
4,181 Posts
Zuk mod is some 600lbs coils (like long coilover coils/small diameter) on the top of the leaf spring plate and of coarse a spring mount.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Wouldn't the zuk coils stiffen up the spring rate? I'm with James. I have wore out Taco springs on mine with leaves added.

·
Registered
992 Posts
he already has the stuff for a chevy swap.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he already has the stuff for a chevy swap.
well yes i have already said this...

and after further investigation. im gonna stick with the chevy swap, just gotta get some bolts and stuff and ill be ready for it.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Chebby

-OJ

·
Registered
992 Posts
save your rears and throw them my way :D

·
Registered
992 Posts
i'll take all the help i can get :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
11 Participants
88cleve4runner
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing